Since we are talking about inside cabins, what is you opinion of this cabin?

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi, Since "inside cabins are the topic right now" We recently decided to book a cruise on the Ryndam for Nov 13th. Since we have only been on Vista Class ships and have heard so many great things about S-Class ships I thought we should really try one. Plus we really have the cruise BUG bad. We decided on the Ryndam because it is close being in San Diego and we already had vacation planned for that time of year. We had thought we would like a Balcony room only to find out there were absolutely none available. Next we checked outside cabins, and could only say "yuck" everything that was available was way forward on Deck A or Main Deck. Everything middle or Aft was gone. Now with only having 4 cruises under our belt 2 outside cabins and 2 balcony cabins we had never thought about an inside cabin. We saw they had 4 inside cabins on the Navigation Deck surrounded by all the S Suites. So we selected I-037. Has anyone ever stayed in these? Do we need to duck in our cabin quickly so no one sees we are the low life up on the Navagation Deck? LOL I am only joking on that question.

When our TA booked it for us she said HAL asked if we would consider an upgrade and she told them only if we could have a Verandah Suite. Our luck we would end up in an outside cabin way forward on the A Deck. I actually like the location of the cabin we selected. Who knows we might even strike up a friendship with our neighbors across the hall and we still enjoy a little verandah.

Lisa L

Monarch of the Seas-March 2002 West. Carib.

MS Zuiderdam-April 2003 East.Carib.

Monarch of the Seas-December 2003 Baja Mexico

MS Oosterdam-May 2004 Alaska

Till we set sail on the MS Ryndam-Sea of Cortez-November 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800<center>

Till We set sail on the MS Westerdam-Western Caribbean March 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;03;13;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800<center>

href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

We have been on Ryndam, Statendam, and Amsterdam in Cat. K (inside), Cat. D (outside) and Cat. S Suite. I think the best value going is the K inside on the main deck. I would prefer it over the I you mentioned for a couple of reasons. First, it is lower in the ship and I assume you are Mexico bound. It can get a little bouncy from Cabo to the mainland. And, if you can get one midship, like #601 on the Main Deck that would be fine. Second, in the I you are considering, you will get noise from the Lido Deck above, which is not a problem on the Main Deck. I know others say there is no noise from above, but my experience (2X) on this deck is you hear it a bunch particularly at night.

FWIW

Gary

Lisa

I booked an I category on the Navagation deck too for my next cruise. Different ship - but same layout. I chose it because I haven't been in an inside cabin in 15 years or so. I had a few reasons for choosing my room - I wanted to be up higher on the ship. I wanted a floor with less cabins/people walking up & down the hallways. I like having the pool down the hall. Seems like a good location to me.

As far as price.. it's not that much more versus K or J. Movement is not big deal. I have pretty good sea legs. As far as sound above... If there's a party at night.. odds are I will go up and join them. icon_biggrin.gif

Maureen

MS Maasdam 10/30/2004

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

garydm, OK now I am a little concerned about the movement. Certainly the Pacific cannot be any worse than the Eastern Caribbean. We had 30 ft swells almost everyday on the Zuirderdam in 2003. Luckily she took the swells just fine. Because the Ryndam is smaller will be feel the movement a lot more?

Noise actually does not bother me that much and I am sure mine husband won't even hear it. I liked the location because of being so close to the pool plus I enjoy working out in the gym every morning at 6:15. While hubby likes to go up to the Crow's Nest early in the morning.

Lisa L

Monarch of the Seas-March 2002 West. Carib.

MS Zuiderdam-April 2003 East.Carib.

Monarch of the Seas-December 2003 Baja Mexico

MS Oosterdam-May 2004 Alaska

Till we set sail on the MS Ryndam-Sea of Cortez-November 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800<center>

Till We set sail on the MS Westerdam-Western Caribbean March 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;03;13;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800<center>

href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Lisa-We have done the Cabo to mainland Mexico trip 3-4 times in the last 2 years. Generally, it is no problem, but on one trip it was-I guess it has to do with two different bodies and types of water coming together there-I will leave that to the experts as I am hydrolically challenged. It was a very interesting night, with all the drawers coming out of the bureaus and almost an impossibility of navigating the halls in the am. Rock and roll! We were in 25 foot seas in Alaska and they were tame compared to this trip.

If noise does not bother you, don't decide just on the chance of high seas! You probably will not see them. We encountered them in December.

Gary

I haven't had that happen going along the pacific coast. However, I did experience a similar event going across the pacific from Hawaii. We had to use tape to keep the drawers closed (packing tape comes in handy).

Why am I saying this?? You will be fine Lisa. If the ship moves.. everyone will feel it.

Maureen

MS Maasdam 10/30/2004

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Because the Ryndam is smaller will be feel the movement a lot more?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Alaska trip had two rough days when we entered Gulf waters. Believe me...you feel the movement. The water was out of the swimming pool both days and one other night because of the rough water (and many said it really was quite mild)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think the best value going is the K inside on the main deck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We stayed in K584, in the center. We did not notice any noise from other passengers and we like the close proximity to the Lower Promenade deck, one deck up.

We definitely were not awaken on the night that rough water was experienced by others on higher decks and/or on the outside of the ship.

"Thanks to all for your help & advice. Our May 28th cruise was much better for it!"

Archived