Veendam review to come shortly

sherilyn70

So, if Barry from Boston performs at 9pm, those who have a late seating can never see him, is that correct? We are currently waitlisted for the late seating, but I'm wondering if we should just keep our "Anytime Dining" so we can see Barry.

We saw him every night and had late seating. Not sure why you think you wouldn't be able to see him. He performs for hours. People come and go and you can grab a seat as some leave if it is SRO only when you get there.

So, if Barry from Boston performs at 9pm, those who have a late seating can never see him, is that correct? We are currently waitlisted for the late seating, but I'm wondering if we should just keep our "Anytime Dining" so we can see Barry.

Hi. Piano players in the MIX/Piano bars aboard HAL start at 9pm, and typically go until at least midnight. On a longer voyage, it could be a little earlier, if everyone is tucked in bed. When the place is packed, it will go later, as it's left to the player's discretion, but also takes many factors into account, such as how early the next morning's port is, whether or not there is a time zone change, and more. Typically, I have been stopping between 12:30 and 1am. So, you'll get to see me! For me (and this will vary with different players), I do the evening's theme from 9 until about 10:30, then field requests and run various sing-alongs thereafter. So, you may miss the "theme" portion with late dining, but many of the greatest piano enthusiasts love the time around the piano later in the evening, when everyone learns each other's names, and a sort of happy community forms best of all. You can also book the dinner seating that suits you best, and on nights when you are particularly interested in the theme, be it Sinatra, Beatles, Name That Tune, Broadway, etc., dine in the Lido, Caneletto, or Pinnacle Grille, or choose "anytime" dining in the dining room. Thanks so much for asking!

Sherilyn, I'm really looking forward to your review. Your pictures so far are outstanding.

Hi. Piano players in the MIX/Piano bars aboard HAL start at 9pm, and typically go until at least midnight. On a longer voyage, it could be a little earlier, if everyone is tucked in bed. When the place is packed, it will go later, as it's left to the player's discretion, but also takes many factors into account, such as how early the next morning's port is, whether or not there is a time zone change, and more. Typically, I have been stopping between 12:30 and 1am. So, you'll get to see me! For me (and this will vary with different players), I do the evening's theme from 9 until about 10:30, then field requests and run various sing-alongs thereafter. So, you may miss the "theme" portion with late dining, but many of the greatest piano enthusiasts love the time around the piano later in the evening, when everyone learns each other's names, and a sort of happy community forms best of all. You can also book the dinner seating that suits you best, and on nights when you are particularly interested in the theme, be it Sinatra, Beatles, Name That Tune, Broadway, etc., dine in the Lido, Caneletto, or Pinnacle Grille, or choose "anytime" dining in the dining room. Thanks so much for asking!
Yay! I'll see you on the Eurodam on 9/14/14. Really looking forward to hearing you play. Edited by Cruise_More_Often

Sherilyn, I'm really looking forward to your review. Your pictures so far are outstanding.

Thanks, the review actually is posted now along with pictures from two of the ports. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2058223

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70

How do you get the picture of the Peggy's Cove lighthouse with no people? Are people not allowed to get up close?

Lots and lots of luck! I originally took a bunch with people in them. As we were heading back to our bus I noticed all the other groups were doing the same thing. So I rushed over and got a few great shots with no people in them!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk