Armonia - Actual Check-in Time

nhwelber

We are sailing on the Armonia on September 18. We want to know how early we can check in for this ship. The "official" time is 2 PM but based on our experience on other cruise lines, you can actually check in much earlier. We would like to check in as early as possible to try to get an upgraded cabin. Since we will be in Venice for a few days prior to the cruise, we can get to the pier as early as necessary. So, does anyone know what time MSC will actually start checking people in?

As MSC-Armonia arrives in Venice at 07:00, the plausible in-check-time will be then around 11:30-12:00. This is mostly the case at this arriveltime. When the ship arrive at 10:00, it's mostly some later, although you had to leave the cabin around 08:00.

Have a nice trip.:)

Henri.

By the way,... what exactly do you mean by 'to check in as early as possible to try to get an upgraded cabin' :confused: ?. You mean for free ?? :( .

My experience (with MSC) is that for a wanted upgrade they try to get the highest price. Something like "it's for the highest bidder". :eek: .

Is this differently with other cruise-lines ???

Thanks,

Henri.

Henri:

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of arriving around 10:30 or 11, so you confirmed what has been our experience in the Caribbean. i.e., that the "posted" check in time is actually later than the time when passengers actually arrive and check in. Thanks.

As for the upgrade, we have a guaranteed cabin. We have not been assigned a specific cabin. Therefore, we will get a cabin at least as good as the cabin class that we paid for. In theory, if the ship is not full, we might be able to upgrade our cabin at no additional charge, if a better cabin is available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nhwelber,

I went on the Armonia in June, and like you I stayed in Venice first. I was told not to check in before around 12.30 - they said 1pm was ideal - but they didn't sound very clear on this, so feel free to try earlier.

I spent the morning enjoying a good look round Venice. I had a good lunch there (didn't know there's a buffet on board) then set off. Depending where you stay and how many (expensive) water taxis you want to pay for, allow plenty of time to get to the port.

When I got there I went straight through check-in without queues. I didn't meet anyone who got an upgrade on the day, but that's not to say it doesn't happen.

I had the basic cabin, but really enjoyed it. Hope you have a great cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Armonia in June and the first passenger call for boarding was 12.40pm. I arrived at the terminal around noon and was number 39 which was the second lot to board and I was in my cabin by 1.05pm. I would think around noon is a good time to arrive at the terminal.:)

Archived