Houston-->Galveston Limo

ms_behavin0

• 2 weeks later...

This is my very first post.

I learned a ton of things since I joined a few days ago. Many thanks for everyone that posts their advise and personal experiences on here , its so valuable for people like me, who cant wait to go on a cruise for the 1st time. As we will be on a real tight budget, saving like crazy at the moment ! Our 1st cruise will be inside cabins and perhaps 1 excursion and the cheapest flights possible:-)

I was looking at some bargain basement prices of cruises leaving Galveston. Since it seems we will fly into IA Houston, I was looking at a cheap convenient way to get to the cruise terminal.

As I can recall the Limou service was $ 30 pp, which makes it $ 60 return for 2 adults.

I am trying to save some of my hard earned precious Cad $$'s here and are thinking of all the possible ways to get from IAH to the cruise terminal and back again after the cruise. Is there parhaps a city transit bus that goes the route IAH perhaps via downtown to Galveston at a reasonable price. I looked around the city of Houston's transit service and saw a bus going from the airport to downtown Houston but nothing going towards Galveston. Anyone done something like that perhaps ?

How much will a taxi be ?

Another option I was thinking about is to ask the cruise line if we may board their bus (for a fee) that comes, I think, to IAH to pick up cruisers that bought the cruise + flight in a combo. My understanding is that when you buy the combo, they transfer you for free between the airport and the terminal. So its something I will keep in mind when finally booking. Is there somebody who managed to do it that way in the past perhaps? I will ask the cruise line for a quote on airfare also, before we finally book, but in looking around and comparing flight prices it seems there are some very good deals to be had when you book air on your own.

Hope to hear from someone. Many thanks in advance.

" Life is short, live today with passion and lots of love in your heart, as tomorrow may never come. "

Congratulations on your first post!

You can buy transfers from Celebrity without buying Celebrity air. Transfers are nice but you have to wait for the vehicle to be full before it leaves. And depending on the time of your flight, that could be awhile.

The taxi is rather expensive from IAH to the port. As for the public bus transportation, I don't know. But I do know that it might be a hassle with getting the luggage on and off the bus. $60.00 round trip is a pretty fair price considering IAH is about an 30-40 miles from the port. You could look into Houston-Hobby airport which is a little closer, but still a about a 30 minute ride to the cruise port.

I do hope you book soon and have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks so much Cruisegirl for all your very useful info.

Wow ..You have 1020 posts :-) ! , thanks for taking the time to help newbies like me.

I hope one day soon after my 1st cruise I can again help others who are wondering and thinking and just dont know how to go about organising their trip.

• 9 years later...
I am conducting a little 'test' that I thought might be interesting. I am sailing on Carnival Sunshine 2/20/2015 in an OV gaurentee. At 43 days out, I have not yet received my room assigned (which I have not expected to receive yet). So I am going in at least every couple of days and doing a mock booking thru carnival, and recording all of the rooms that they show are available on each deck mid, aft and forward in the OV catergory. When I go in the next time, I cross off any rooms that are no longer available and in a few cases, add rooms that were not available before but are now.

I am just looking to see if I will be assigned a room from those that are left on the day that I am finally assigned a room, or if there are in fact rooms that carnival does not show as available that are used for the gaurentees, or if there is no logical 'formula' that is used at all.

I am just doing this out of curiosity and to have something 'active' to do while I patiently (NOT) wait! It will also be interesting to see if once the rooms they show as available fill up, if the site will suddenly show new rooms in this catergory as available.

anyone else wanna play? lol

My cruise leaves Sunday and this was the first time (out of 15 cruises) that I ever booked guarantee. I would get on Carnival's site at least once a day and check on available balcony rooms. Finally at 30 days out, I was assigned a room and it was on my list of available rooms. I did the same thing. I was constantly adding and crossing off available rooms. Although I love my balcony location (lido deck), I don't know if I would book guarantee again. It drove me crazy!