America's Cup Excursion through Princess

czarinahil

So, it's too far out to book ship sponsored excursions for my January cruise on the Golden Princess but my dh and I are really excited to experience the America's Cup race in St. Martin. Problem is when you look on the Princess site at the possible excursion list they have by port they only show that excursion as being available through Oct. 1, 2005 while all the other excursions are available through May 30, 2006. Is this excursion not offered in the winter? We will be really disappointed if we can't experience this!

Hilary

So, it's too far out to book ship sponsored excursions for my January cruise on the Golden Princess but my dh and I are really excited to experience the America's Cup race in St. Martin. Problem is when you look on the Princess site at the possible excursion list they have by port they only show that excursion as being available through Oct. 1, 2005 while all the other excursions are available through May 30, 2006. Is this excursion not offered in the winter? We will be really disappointed if we can't experience this!

Hilary

The following link will take you directly to the excursion operator's web site. You can email them directly to get an answer to your question.

http://www.12metre.com/

As a general rule, the excursion operator normally books through the various hotels/resorts and the cruise ships. The October 1st end date on the Princess site may indicate that Princess hasn't negotiated a renewal of their business relationship yet. This is a very popular excursion and I can't imagine that Princess will not continue to offer it.

DW & I did this excursion last April from Golden and it was a great time.

Thanks for the info! I know I shouldn't worry but I am a majorly anal traveler and like to have everything planned out way in advance!! I e-maild them directly and asked if they can tell me if it will be available in January. I will post their response.

Hilary

We did this excursion in April 2002 and loved it, even though I almost fell out :)

It is well worth the money and join in on the hoisting of the sail and working the race.....so when you beat the other motley crews you'll feel even better like we did. :)

I really want to go on this excursion....but am somewhat concerned about the lack of toilet facilities on the boat and apparently on the dock from the way their website reads. For those of you who have taken this trip, has this proven to be a problem?

thanks!

Clay

• 3 weeks later...
I really want to go on this excursion....but am somewhat concerned about the lack of toilet facilities on the boat and apparently on the dock from the way their website reads. For those of you who have taken this trip, has this proven to be a problem?

thanks!

Clay

We did this excursion the last time we were in St. Maarten. It is one of the best excursions we have ever taken. You will leave directly from the pier on a boat that has a lot of bench seats on it and to go to the racing boat. The boat, of course, doesn't have a toilet since it is a racing boat. I do not remember if there is a bathroom at the headquarters on the dock that you go to after the race to get your pictures and memorabilia.

I don't remember anyone on our excursion having any problems regarding the lack of facilities. If you are worried, I would suggest that you don't drink much before the excursion. You should be fine. (Sound like a mother, don't I!;) )

We had enough time after the excursion to go to Dawn Beach for the afternoon. It was great, also.

I hope you get to go!

Archived