Our First Cruise, Their Millionth...

SavvySarah

So, going on a cruise with my husband and my parents in October. We are in our thirties, they are in their fifties. My first adult cruise, my husband's first actual cruise and their millionth. I mentioned to my mom that I was considering purchasing FTTF just so they didn't have to wait on me an overly long amount of time for our vacation to start. She said I didn't have to as they are platinum and we can board with them.

Any insight to how this works?

Please no flames, I understand the controversy here. I just want to know if she's correct or I should purchase? It's not as a convenience to me, it's a convenience to her who doesn't want to be held back by my blue card holding self. Could care less about any of the benefits, just wanna get on the ship relatively close together.

Thanks a million!

We've had suites and been allowed to have friends board priority with us, and we've had suites and not been allowed to have friends board with us. It all depends on the port, the mood of security personnel, how busy the kiosks are at any given moment....and you won't know till you get there.

My advice? Go ahead and buy it, that way you won't have a thing to worry over.

The current consensus seems to be that unless you are in the same room as them, you cannot board with them.

Really, does it make that big a deal if you get on board 30 minutes after them? It wouldn't to me.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I think I will just make sure she is prepared for it so its not a total shocker to her. Might even splurge for the FTTF. The 30 minutes is not that big of a deal to me, but it is to them. I didn't want to make her and the hubby wait. They've already rearranged their schedules for us and much, much more.

Thanks again!!

FTTF boards after Plats, so you probably wouldn't board together anyway.

I recently cruised with family who were first timers. This is what we did...

We got to the port early, around 10-ish. We had to check in separately. They got Zone 1 boarding cards. I sat with them and we boarded together. I wanted to board with them to get our picture taken together.

Not a big deal.

Yeah, now that I think about it the whole "must be in same cabin" makes sense or else Platinum members could sell their shared perks for less than FTTF. Not saying Platinum would do this, but there are some shady people...

Again, thank you. I tried to search for the info multiple times and sites but couldn't find it. Maybe I'll catch her in an excellent mood and tell her that it probably won't work and we'll wager a DOD on it or something.

As always, users on this forum can be so helpful when they try to be!