Discover Scuba

pompeii

I am considering a discover scuba class while in Grand Cayman in November. Does anyone have any experience with this? ie, which dive shop did you use, how did it go, how was the diving, etc?

We will also be in St.Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk, so I could do it any of those places as well, if they would be better than the Caymans. I've always heard how great the diving is in the Caymans though....

I accompanied dd when she did a discovery at Sunset House, I've been certified and an active diver since 74. I was very happy with how they ran the program (did another in Cozumel and was less impressed)

Cost will be the same as cruise charges .. around $100. Nice thing about Sunset is they have a pool so you start in the pool, then move to the sea pool, then to the open water. A nice transition.

Just contact the dive shop via e-mail ... very nice folks and easy to work with

http://www.sunsethouse.com/

Since then she and I went back for a week of diving

after that she spend 6 weeks in Roatan counting sea horses on an internship . . . she's got well over 100 dives now . . all in about 2 years time

Edited by Capt_BJ

Sunset House wrote back and said they didn't have anything that would work with our ship's schedule, so they suggested Epic Divers. I think we'll schedule a class with them, as their reviews are very good. They used to work with Sunset House, and now have their own operation.

I hope I enjoy it.....I've read some reviews where people just couldn't get the hang of it and had to quit their dive, or they panicked and had to quit. I guess I won't know until I try! I hope the instructer is very patient, as I'm sure I'll need that!