New Orders for the Carnival Brand on the Horizon??

cjknox

I was reading an excerpt of the 2014 - 2015 Cruise Industry News' Annual Report and ran across an interesting statement:

Among the major companies, Carnival Corporation will grow its passenger capacity by an estimated 16 percent over the next five years, based on current ship orders. However, as Carnival is expected to place more orders shortly, which will increase its growth rate.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11209-state-of-the-industry-report-cruise-fleet-growth-forecasts.html

Cruise Industry News is a very reputable news source and even foretold of MSC's new build orders and Oasis III. If this statement holds true most likely Carnival may receive one or two more ships before decades end.

Interesting that the article taps China and the Far East as growth markets and N America and Europe as basically unchanged. I guess we can look for more ships to migrate to Asia. NCL and MSC are really growing!

Somewhat off topic but will they retire some of the Fantasy class ships? They are the oldest and I haven't heard great things about them lately

They need to. They're creating an over capacity that's dragging prices down for Carnival, across the board.