Thinking of cancelling cabana - wwyd?

bizeemom4

I booked one of the cabanas at Mahogany Bay when we were planning to bring our teens with us. Thought it would be a fun and safe way to hang out during our first time in Roatan.

Now it's going to be just hubby & I and 9,000 other fellow passengers. Would you keep the cabana to escape the crowds or would you cancel and go somewhere more remote? Is that safe?

I saw pics of Turqoise Beach. Looks heavenly. I've also read all the posts about it being dangerous to venture off in Roatan so I'm conflicted and concerned.

What would you do?

Personally, I'd cancel. A bit too expensive pp for just 2 people. If you go by taxi, I don't think you'll have any problems getting to or at Turquoise Bay. Some nice reviews on this board. However, depending on what you are doing at other ports, just hanging at MBCC's beach might be a lower cost option. Also, Victor Bodden or Rony have great island tours that are in effect cheaper than just catching a taxi. They'll take you around the island so you get a nice feel for the area versus just MBCC's man enhanced beach. Quite possible some of your ship mates will have tours booked with one of these two and may be looking for other cruisers to join them, the more the cheaper. Check your roll call or cruise fb page and see or ask.

Personally, I'd cancel. A bit too expensive pp for just 2 people. If you go by taxi, I don't think you'll have any problems getting to or at Turquoise Bay. Some nice reviews on this board. However, depending on what you are doing at other ports, just hanging at MBCC's beach might be a lower cost option. Also, Victor Bodden or Rony have great island tours that are in effect cheaper than just catching a taxi. They'll take you around the island so you get a nice feel for the area versus just MBCC's man enhanced beach. Quite possible some of your ship mates will have tours booked with one of these two and may be looking for other cruisers to join them, the more the cheaper. Check your roll call or cruise fb page and see or ask.

Not concerned about the money, although I agree it's a pricey option. Honestly, my main concern with keeping the cabana is the alleged lack of security patrolling the area keeping the curious and the squatters out. Since it looks like a busy day, I'm thinking it will be overrun with people.