Are Summit Changes coming to other ships

shoesonfire

Have enjoyed reading all the recent changes on the Summit (buffet baskets, embarkation lunch options, etc.) and wondering if anyone has word from Celebrity regarding how successful they have been and if and when they will be tried on other ships.

Have enjoyed reading all the recent changes on the Summit (buffet baskets, embarkation lunch options, etc.) and wondering if anyone has word from Celebrity regarding how successful they have been and if and when they will be tried on other ships.

My discussion with the staff implementing the changes on Summit is yes, they intend to roll out the new ideas to other ships when they feel they have them "right". I assume most will move to other ships, and some ideas may not work out or stick.

They told me they had spent a little over a year compiling guest comments from comment cards to determine areas in all aspects of the ship to focus on, and started with F&B as they know Celebrity was once known for its amazing food service, and had determined that in recent times, the guest comments told them they were no longer able to keep that reputation, so they are keen to get it back.

I suspect they will get thru the summer season with Summit, then roll many of the changes out fleet wide in the fall.

Thanks Cle-guy for sharing! We are sailing the Infinity with friends late Oct. in Aqua and would enjoy lunch in Blu on embarkation day. We more recently got spoiled on Azamara Quest & Journey, but we are looking forward to enjoying the good food and service we remembered from our cruises on Zenith and Galaxy many years ago. Keeping our fingers crossed and ignoring all the negativity on the forum recently.

Thanks Cle-guy for sharing! We are sailing the Infinity with friends late Oct. in Aqua and would enjoy lunch in Blu on embarkation day. We more recently got spoiled on Azamara Quest & Journey, but we are looking forward to enjoying the good food and service we remembered from our cruises on Zenith and Galaxy many years ago. Keeping our fingers crossed and ignoring all the negativity on the forum recently.

I think the embarkation lunch is a no-brainer and should be rolled out fleet-wide ASAP frankly.

It takes the stress off the buffet that everyone toms onto on embarkation, and gets folks in tune with their place and how BLU works prior to the dinner rush that;'s always a madhouse first night.

My discussion with the staff implementing the changes on Summit is yes, they intend to roll out the new ideas to other ships when they feel they have them "right". I assume most will move to other ships, and some ideas may not work out or stick.

Take what onboard staff tells you with a grain of salt. On our last cruise, we were told a number of things that we now know aren't true, including that Bistro on Five would be closing down to accommodate the suite passengers. I don't think they lie, but I think rumors circulate onboard faster than they do here on CC.

Take what onboard staff tells you with a grain of salt. On our last cruise, we were told a number of things that we now know aren't true, including that Bistro on Five would be closing down to accommodate the suite passengers. I don't think they lie, but I think rumors circulate onboard faster than they do here on CC.

I fully agree with this. I remember even one post a while back that told of the staff having a huge meeting in the theatre where they were told Bistro wasn't closing and that the suite restaurant was going to be in a new space, then 3 days later a member of staff on that same ship told the passenger Bistro was closing!

However I had a sit down conversation with the F&B director, and my TA sat with several members of the crew and discussed the plans, and if you've sailed Summit this season, it's quite obvious they are doing a lot of experimentation with the plan to roll it out, they have invested money in new displays, serving dishes etc. They are definitely working on changing things up. It's just a matter of which changes and experiments they decide to roll forward with. I have no rout that some will not go forward, but they want to enhance the overall product and want to make sure they do it right.