Voyager Review ~ July 15 - 24, 2005

:) Hi:

DH/I returned from VOS on July 24. I submitted a review which was posted yesterday. If anyone is planning a future cruise on VOS here's a new review for you to read if you're interested. Hope it's helpful to you. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'll do what I can to assist you.

Here's the link for the review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12145

C Ya!

Thanks LetsParty. That was a great review. congratulations on your tenth anniversary. My DW and I will be celebrating our 30th in November on board the Voyager. We can't wait. I hope we have as much fun as you did.

Thanks again for a wonderful review.

Fred

Excellent review Trish! (and I'm impressed that it was posted so quickly!)

I'm jealous that you're going to Bermuda in October:)

Still hoping that maybe you and Barry will be able to join the gang again next year on Explorer.

Hi to Barry!

Great review, Trish. I totally agree!! The vacation, ship, people, were wonderful.

I was on that cruise, and met Trish and her husband from CC. Although I didn't see them much, I'm glad we felt the same way about the cruise. Have fun again on Voyager in October.

Thanks for the review on the ship - we're going on the VOS in October to Bermuda to0...but on the 10/2 sailing. Not many talking on the meet and mingle board since they won't have a CC M&M gathering for cruises of only 5 nites.

Thanks again.

Hi Everyone:

Thanks so much for the compliments, I greatly appreciate it!

Our tenth anniversary was very special and a dream come true. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

:) Familycruzer ~ If you don't plan on any excursions to Labadee than you can go whenever you want to. We were on line around 8:30am and that's when the tenders first started so it was hectic. If you want to get there real early, I suggest be on Deck 2 by 8:15am so you are on the first tender and maybe not in a sardine can like we felt! LOL Due to so many people getting off the ship I dont' think there is a real good time unless you want to go late morning but then finding a chair at a quiet beach won't be easy. The less crowded beach is Hideaway Beach and it's near Dragon Breath Point. It's a walk from the tender but it's worth it. The shade is limited so you would have to get there early. There are bathrooms, cafe' to have lunch at and a bar if you need something. Later in the AM and afternoon there's a tram that will drop off you near the tender if you don't want to walk. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

:) SSOCEO ~ There are two threads for the cruise that I'm going on in October and there's very little activity. Really sad since the one I came from for the 7/15/05 cruise was extremely chatty. Have a great cruise to Bermuda and enjoy!

:) FredW ~ Congratulations on your 30th anniversary and enjoy your future cruise. You'll have a great time on VOS and it's gorgeous!

:) To The Crazy Cruzer's Group (You Know Who You Are) ~ Thanks so much for the feedback as well. Looking forward to Bermuda in October but it's a cheap cruise for us since we booked an inside cabin. Got a great deal on it so we couldn't pass it up. After mom moves in October and getting her settled in I'll sure need this cruise! Also getting the house back in order after the kitchen construction (it's almost done!).

:) tequilamockingbird ~ VOS is amazing and looking forward to being on Explorer next year to celebrate my 40th birthday! I think any of those ships will surely impress you in one way or another. Good luck!

Thanks again everyone.. greatly appreciate the wonderful feedback!

C ya!

Nice review! My girlfriend (soon to be fiancé) and I will be doing the same cruise on September 9th. I hope we get to all the ports, but I'm sure it will be a great time no matter what.

Our last cruise (my first and her second) was the Eastern Caribbean on the Explorer last fall. We had a great time and did excursions at every port (except San Juan which was mostly shut down for Election Day) but spent a lot of time (and money) shopping. It was almost like the whole thing was a "shopping cruise". I look forward to more relaxing on the beaches and a little less big-ticket spending this cruise.

Nice review! My girlfriend (soon to be fiancé) and I will be doing the same cruise on September 9th. I hope we get to all the ports, but I'm sure it will be a great time no matter what.

Our last cruise (my first and her second) was the Eastern Caribbean on the Explorer last fall. We had a great time and did excursions at every port (except San Juan which was mostly shut down for Election Day) but spent a lot of time (and money) shopping. It was almost like the whole thing was a "shopping cruise". I look forward to more relaxing on the beaches and a little less big-ticket spending this cruise.

Jason....I will also be on September 9th..Are you proposing on the ship?

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

:) Familycruzer ~ There are no hammocks at Hideaway Beach. If your DH wants to veg out on a hammock all day, there are some hammocks by Barefoot Beach which is very nice but more crowded. There's a section of trees behind the beach (can't miss it since so many people want shade) that have a few hammocks. If DH wants one really bad get there very early since they go quickly and there's not too many around. DH/I always gone to Barefoot Beach and it's pretty. Next time we'll probably go to Hideaway Beach for a change in pace and something different. Anymore questions please feel free to ask.

:) JasonH ~ Congratulations on your future proposal.. that is so awesome! I'm a romantic at heart. So where.when are you going to propose to her? Before or after cruise? I can't help but ask since it's such a special moment in two people's lives. I wish both of you all the best and have a blast on your cruise! DH/I been to San Juan several times and each time we wanted to go to the Rum Factory tour they were either closed or we arrived late due to weather. Shopping at the ports can be expensive but once you been somewhere a few times the shopping genes wears off. (Sad on my part but how much can you really buy and spend?.. unless it's jewelry! LOL) We'll be on Explorer in September 2006 for a back-to-back cruise for my 40th birthday and can't wait to go. Best of luck with everything and have a fanastic cruise! What kind of cabin did you get if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for the compliment as well and glad that I could help you.

:) Irovnan ~ Have a blast on your upcoming cruise!

:) Kenandlaura06 ~ Sorry that I missed posting to you on my previous post. Thanks for reading the review and hope it was helpful for both of you!

C ya!

Thanks for the review!! It was excellent. I am taking my 70 year old father on his first cruise to Bermuda on Sept. 4th. Your review got me really excited.

Thanks for the heads up on Johnny Rockets we can just grab the bar seats. I also now know where to get omlets.

In two years I will be celebrating my 10th anniversay and now I want to have a vowel renewal at sea. Since I sell cruises this would only be fitting.

Thanks!!

Hi Beckers:

I think it's wonderful that you are taking your dad on a cruise. You're a wonderful daughter for doing that. I know he will be thrilled and enjoy his first cruise. Bermuda is beautiful and the weather will perfect that time of year.

JR's is always busy and it's amazing how many people want to go there but it's one of those things you have to do on a cruise.

Great that you sell cruises for a living. The amount of people that you make happy with assisting them with their vacations must be extremely rewarding.

Definitely renew your vows on a cruise.. it's a rewarding and fun experience. Good luck if you choose to do that!

Thanks for the compliments and have a fantastic cruise!

C Ya!

Thanks for the proposal well-wishes. I had initially planned on proposing on the cruise, then I had a bout of fear of trying to hide the ring and maybe get it ashore at some point and losing it or having something bad happen. Then I considered insuring it beforehand, so proposing on the cruise was on again. Now I think I'll propose before. My girlfriend knows it's coming, and if we get on the ship before I propose, she'll be waiting for it all the time. I think I'll spring it on her a week or two before, so we can relax and just have a great time on the cruise. I won't even have the ring for a week or two since it's being custom made.

On an unrelated note, has anybody had trouble signing up for the Meet & Mingle? It lets me put in all my info, but then bounces me back to the first screen with a message like "There is a problem with your registration." I'll try it online a few more times, then I'll just call directly. (I guess I should ask in the Roll Call thread too.)

Hi:

:) Jason ~ Whatever you decide to do with the proposal it will be a wonderful moment for both of you. I bet the ring is going to be gorgeous! Definitely keep me posted on when/how you did the proposal. I love the ship proposal idea but understand your fear with the ring but it is a cool idea. Either way both of you will be extremely happy and I wish both of you all the best!

:) Robin ~ Great to hear from you and thanks so much for the compliment. Mom sold her house this week and the contract is under attorney review right now. I'll be down there all day today packing, cleaning, etc. She moves in two months. How I'm going to pack up her house in that time frame is beyond me so I'll be in tornado Trish mode! LOL Kitchen is coming out gorgeous and is almost done. Have a few things to do yet but it's over the 75 percent mark. We have running water now and can use our sink. The little things that we become so excited about! LOL All the cabinets are in and it's unbelievable how huge this room looks now. I have so much storage space that it's not funny but with everything we have.. it will be filled up quickly. Looking forward to Explorer next year for my 40th birthday. We're doing a back-to-back cruise. After the first cruise (5 day to Bermuda) we become Diamond level so the 9-day cruise will even be better. Bermuda will be great in October but hope we can survive an inside stateroom since we never had one before. It's a cheap cruise for us but it will be fine.

Have a great day everyone!

C ya!

:) Jason ~ Forgot to mention about the M&M party. I tried to do sign up as well and received the same error message. I heard that for five day cruises there are no M&M parties but not sure if that is actually true. I tried for the cruises in 2006 but since it's so far it might not be available again. I have time so I'm not going to worry about it but worse case scenerio contact RCI directly.

Well Captain Trish, I do not think I could have written that review any better than you did. You really captured everything. The fact that we all met through the message threads and had such a wonderful time together made the trip extra special.

There are many nights since we have been home that I still wish we were at dinner on Voyager. That table was something special. The ship, staff and the entire vacation was really wonderful.

For the others that are reading these messages, my DW and I were the first time cruisers that Trish talked about. For a first time cruise we could not have been on a better ship, had a better crew or have et better friends because of these threads.

Captain, I will catch you soon on the e-mail.

Your Executive Office (aka Number One) out..............

Well Captain Trish, I do not think I could have written that review any better than you did. You really captured everything. The fact that we all met through the message threads and had such a wonderful time together made the trip extra special.

There are many nights since we have been home that I still wish we were at dinner on Voyager. That table was something special. The ship, staff and the entire vacation was really wonderful.

For the others that are reading these messages, my DW and I were the first time cruisers that Trish talked about. For a first time cruise we could not have been on a better ship, had a better crew or have et better friends because of these threads.

Captain, I will catch you soon on the e-mail.

Your Executive Office (aka Number One) out..............

I second that!!!!! we also met the crazy cruisers on the message boards 2 weeks before sailing and they are all terrific!!!!! It was our families first cruise and we are all booked to go July 14th 2006.....cant wait!!!!!!! wish it was tomorrow........

trish...great review....

and I wish I was sitting at my table....trying 3 appetizers---2 dinners and atleast 3 desserts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodnight,,,,Shari

Jason

Good Luck on the proposall. Just wanted to let you know that there is something wrong with the Meet & Mingle board, it is not just your sign in.

Spoke with RCI and they said it should be fixed by mid week. So keep checking in.

Leona

Hey All:

:) Number One (Howard) ~ Thanks so much for the compliment. All of it was true. If it wasn't for these boards none of the "Crazy Cruzers" would have met nor lived up to our name! LOL Meeting friends prior to a cruise makes the vacation even more special. We were very fortunate for our group of people and how well we all got along. Also having things in common, etc. made it even better. Nice part is that many of us are staying in touch after the cruise.

:) Shari ~ Thanks for the compliment as well. I love the diet ticker! LOL You go girl!

:) DZBoss1 ~ Thanks for your feedback and very happy to hear that you had a blast on the cruise. That ship is truly amazing. Was this your first cruise?

:) Leona1 ~ Thanks for the update on the M&M sign up site.

C Ya!

Archived