stay and park in Vancouver

BRDbabies

We are 2 adults and 2 teens driving in to Vancouver 2 nights before our cruise. Early on the day before our ship leaves our 19 yo dd will fly into Van to meet us. Can anyone recommend a hotel in the airport area that is clean and affordable, will accommodate 5 persons, provides a SAFE, 8 night parking package for cruise passengers and hopefully provides transfers to Canada Place...although we are not opposed to hopping the train if need be!

Also - how long of a train ride into downtown from the airport?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated - I have only ever stayed out in Burnaby so unfamiliar with the Richmond/airport area.

Putterdude will be along sometime and can give you a complete list but I believe the Accent Inn in Richmond can provide you with a park and cruise package but you will have to make your own way downtown.

It takes about 25 minutes to get downtown taking the Canada Line downtown.

Are you trying to get five to a room or more than one room - if so you might want to try the Best Western Downtown - they have a cruise and stay package and will shuttle you to Canada Place.

Hope this helps and the other regulars should be around tomorrow with their suggestions.

Cheers

Dennis

We stayed at the Accent Inn in Burnaby for a stay/transfer/park. They also have an Accent Inn at the airport from reading on these boards. We were very happy with the employees/transfers/car safety staying at Accent Inn. Each time this location was discussed, other posters have mentioned the Accent Inn a the airport as well. Pudderdale was ever so helpful as were others.

this question was answered recently , so if you look over the first page or 2, you'll find it. The Accent Inn was a common recommendation.

I posted in reply to the OP without reading your post! Accent Inn was indeed a great place to stay and park for us last summer. Their shuttle service provided wonderful as well. On time to pick us up to take us to the port and helped with luggage and there when we arrived back to Vancouver.

I posted in reply to the OP without reading your post! Accent Inn was indeed a great place to stay and park for us last summer. Their shuttle service provided wonderful as well. On time to pick us up to take us to the port and helped with luggage and there when we arrived back to Vancouver.

nothing better than a first hand recommendation !:)

nothing better than a first hand recommendation !:)

We were so worried driving from so far and leaving the car for 14 days. We were going to stay a night in Vancouver and park at the pier. Well, the cost for parking for that long was over $300 alone never mind the hotel. We were so lucky to find the Accent Inn for about half what the parking cost was that included both the hotel night and transfers! I will sing their praises every chance I get! The hotel staff was wonderful as well and the transfer company.

Accent Inns in Richmond is likely to be the best value, it is a nice property, they do include transfers to/from Canada Place and while their rooms are large you are likely going to need 2 rooms for 5 people, but you may be able to slip a cot into a double room. Many of the hotels in Richmond offer some form of "Stay, Park and Fly " packages that can easily become cruise packages by taking their shuttle to YVR and then taking the Canada Line to Canada Place. I have had experience recently at the Delta Airport which we were pleased with but you would need 2 rooms and it will be more expensive than the Accent. Another option to look into would be the Hampton Inn in Richmond. My last thought on the subject would be the Best Western-Abercorn which I have stayed at...it's nothing special but it is clean, has a family room, has a free shuttle to YVR and has a park and fly package.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the Accent Inn recommendation! The hotel is wonderful, the staff super friendly and the hot tub was a wonderful bonus after spending a week in a tent! Can't wait to board that cruise tomorrow!

Thanks for the Accent Inn recommendation! The hotel is wonderful, the staff super friendly and the hot tub was a wonderful bonus after spending a week in a tent! Can't wait to board that cruise tomorrow!

Yes! You are quite welcome! Their transfers were great as well. I would return there in a heartbeat. Are you at the airport, Burnaby or another site.