How loud is the airport?

scrapperluv

Hi all,

I've never been to NO and we're driving in for a cruise on December 20th. I've looked at some very reasonable hotels with stay & park deals near the airport. Some reviews state the airport was very noisy. I don't care about the noise during the day, but don't really want to be up all night or early morning with planes taking off.

How far out should we stay? Any hotels you'd recommend or advise to stay away from? Thanks!

It isn't that busy of an airport, though I would check and make sure they are park and cruise rates and not park and fly rates. I am not sure what airport hotel would offer free cruise transportation. There really aren't a lot of nice airport hotels and I would not stay at anything on Airline Hwy. Since you will be coming in Nashville, you will be on the opposite side of the city coming in from Nashville, so you would be going out of your way to stay at the airport. You would be driving an additional 20 miles. If it were me, I would look to stop the night before in Slidell where you will find plenty of budget friendly hotels, then just drive in to the city the next morning. You will also find all the standard chain restaurants, Wal-Mart etc for any last minute items you may have forgotten in Slidell.

• 1 month later...

I would recommend the Airport Hilton which is on Airline Dr. right across from the airport. I don't know what the rates are relative to your budget. It offers -

"Book the Park, Stay, & Go Package at a participating hotel and get parking for up to seven nights plus shuttle service to and from the airport or cruise port. Enjoy peace of mind and great value."

There really should be no loud noise from the airport in the evening as the airport essentially shuts down by 9 pm. There just aren't any arrivals and departures late in the evening.