Do you decorate your door?

Decorate your door anyway you like! People decorate their houses for Christmas, Halloween, Easter and no one thinks that's tacky. Women decorate their face with makeup. Is that tacky? People decorate their bodies with tattoos, is that tacky? Do what you want. I always decorate our door for our cruises. I enjoy creating a new design every year.

Here here! The idea that anyone is annoyed because folks vacationing together wear matching tshirts and/or decorate their doors is far more tacky honey! Variety is the spice of life. If you don't like to do it, don't be judgmental of others. In other words, get over yourself.

Where is the "Like" button when you need it?

I decorate our door with maps, flags, and info sheets about the ports we're visiting. We homeschool our kids and use every cruising opportunity to teach them about different places we visit.

532.JPG

Once we move on to the next port, I hang the old stuff on the wall in the cabin and put the next port's information on the door. By the end of some cruises our entire cabin wall is taken up! (As with previous posters, I am meticulous about removing all trace of adhesive out of respect for the room stewards.)

I don't care if anyone thinks it's tacky or pointless. :p We love it.

On our first Panama Canal cruise we really went all out - we'd studied the Canal for months leading up to the trip and we compiled a slew of old photos, facts, and a detailed construction timeline. We received countless positive comments and notes from people - someone even started leaving sticky notes on our door late each night with questions about the Canal. My kids RACED to open the door each morning to see the new question and pore through our Canal books to answer it if they didn't already know! Never did find out who was doing it, but I would love to buy him/her a drink. :)

I decorate our door with maps, flags, and info sheets about the ports we're visiting. We homeschool our kids and use every cruising opportunity to teach them about different places we visit.

532.JPG

Once we move on to the next port, I hang the old stuff on the wall in the cabin and put the next port's information on the door. By the end of some cruises our entire cabin wall is taken up! (As with previous posters, I am meticulous about removing all trace of adhesive out of respect for the room stewards.)

I don't care if anyone thinks it's tacky or pointless. :p We love it.

On our first Panama Canal cruise we really went all out - we'd studied the Canal for months leading up to the trip and we compiled a slew of old photos, facts, and a detailed construction timeline. We received countless positive comments and notes from people - someone even started leaving sticky notes on our door late each night with questions about the Canal. My kids RACED to open the door each morning to see the new question and pore through our Canal books to answer it if they didn't already know! Never did find out who was doing it, but I would love to buy him/her a drink. :)

Wow...that's a great idea for your children as well as fellow cruisers.

We have not done so in the past, but we will be decorating on our cruise in Sept.

I have a poster that I bought online, personalized with our name on it, and from what I've read, I'll likely put it on the inside for us to enjoy. I'd hate it if it were stolen.

i always decorate my door, its fun, it makes me happy, it tends to make other people happy, and it HURTS NO ONE. im always amazed at judgements people make on a thread they dont support and are yet reading. life is short cruises are short if it makes me happy then why say something ugly about me being happy and for the record my daughter and i are going on our first cruise together alone with no kids or others and we ARE going to make matching shirts.... so i guess i will just be double tacky and triple happy :)

i hope that doesnt bother any one's cruise :)

i always decorate my door, its fun, it makes me happy, it tends to make other people happy, and it HURTS NO ONE. im always amazed at judgements people make on a thread they dont support and are yet reading. life is short cruises are short if it makes me happy then why say something ugly about me being happy and for the record my daughter and i are going on our first cruise together alone with no kids or others and we ARE going to make matching shirts.... so i guess i will just be double tacky and triple happy :)

i hope that doesnt bother any one's cruise :)

I agree. I teach third grade and feel like some of the posters need to sit in on one lesson we work on the entire year.....

1. Just because it comes into your mind...doesn't mean you should say it, especially if it is unkind.

2. Just because other people don't think like you or do something just like you...doesn't make either of you wrong.

I normally take the little paper umbrella from my DOD and stick/tape it onto our "mailbox". Definitely need something to identify our door after a few drinks. ;)

You might have noticed that there are numbers on the wall at your door. These are unique to your room and do not match any others on the ship. In fact, they also match your Sail and Sign card to further help you.

:p:p:p

Sarcasm, but sent with friendly intentions.

You might have noticed that there are numbers on the wall at your door. These are unique to your room and do not match any others on the ship. In fact, they also match your Sail and Sign card to further help you.

Nope, they don't, the room number is not put on the cards. ;)

You can save the sarcasm no matter how it is intended. Your cabin number is not on your sign and sail card!

I have decorated our door on many cruises. I will put our names on cute name cards and place several pictures around each name from other cruises or various travels around the world and the crew love them. Several times we have had people come up to us calling us by our names and commenting on the photos. We have had many interesting conversations with staff that bring us room service. They really seem to enjoy the pictures and the various places they were taken. :o

We have never decorated our door, but have noticed that other people do.

We were on one Christmas cruise where most of the doors at our end of the hall were decorated. It looked very festive and our door really looked blah! Our room steward mentioned it and we agreed that it would have been nice to have our door decorated as well if we had something to put on it.

When we returned to our room after coming back from a shore excursion, we noticed a nice little decoration on our door. Later my wife mentioned it to our room steward and he said he had put it together with a few odds and ends. It was a nice touch! :D

Just booked the Pride for August and already made several trips to the Dollar Tree to grab a bunch of Gel clings for my door...I will have my door completely covered and will LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!

Cheers to those that do decorate[emoji106][emoji482][emoji106]

Loosen up a little. 95% of people will see that my post was not mean to be snarky. I am sorry you live a bitter life.

I don't live a bitter life. I simply know the meaning of the words you wrote. If you don't know the meaning of what you wrote, it is on you.

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"

synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing

i didnt find it mean i laughed, it got me thinking we had a dry erase board our first cruise and started this conversation with someone in another cabin several times a day they would write on the board we would answer on and on till near the last day i was on the balcony and a guy a few balconies down leaned out and said , hey .... and responded to the last message, it was so nice to meet him and his group, he was funny my kids loved the playback ... i need to find that board for this cruise :)

We attach a honeycomb tissue shape to the corner of the doorway, up high. It is visible from waaaaaayyy down the hall, and helps us when we come up a different stairway. Our neighbors always appreciate it!

When we've organized a group excursion (usually right here on CC), we put up a sign with a picture of us. "Group Leaders - Tuesday Snorkel on St. Thomas - Meeting Time 8am @ Red Frog" People really appreciate knowing who to look for, and where. Not surprisingly, our groups often grow to include more new friends (which often gives us a better deal!)

My sister decorated our door on our last cruise. I had seen it done before, but not something that I would due. It was kind of neat, and made locating others in our parties cabins easier to find, as we all had similar decorations, but different colors, and our initials also. This cruise two sisters are already preparing to do the same/