Hawaiian Airlines?

Kylie

One of our choices for our flight to Honolulu from LAX is Hawaiian Airlines. Has anyone flown with them and what are your opinions? We are taking the Tahitian Princess cruise from Hawaii to Tahiti in June 2006 so will fly home on Air Tahiti Nui.

I did Hawaian Air two years ago from Phoenix to Honolulu. The flight was a 6 hour flight, I figure flying out of LAX will be around a 5 hour flight. Since you will be flying "west" the time difference shouldn't confuse your system too bad. Its when you fly "East" with a 8 hour time change you suffer from jet lag. Our flight was really very pleasant. Avoid sitting in the middle rows if you want some rest. At that time there was a meal served on the flight. It wasn't terrific but these days getting a meal without having to pay is a plus. I prefer traveling on larger planes but the flight was really pretty decent. I hope this helps. Tim

I have flown to Hawaii on Hawaiian several times. It has never been a problem. The crew is nice and they are pretty punctual. The flight should be about 5 hours and goes quickly. The inflight movies are usually pretty new, so I always rent the headphones. That way I can listen to music too. Have a great time.

Shelley:D

I hope I am wrong, but I heard earlier this week that Hawaiian Airlines is in worse shape then Delta financially.

I have had many friends who have flown them from LAX and have had their flights delayed by hours, and even cancelled, to a higher extent than any other carriers who do the same route. It always pays to check on their reliability.

I flew to Oahu from SFO back in 2002. Perfectly fine. No probs. Was on time (give or take 15 min, can't remember). Crew was fine. Plane was fine. Flight was fine. I'd fly them again in a heartbeat. I flew them from LAX to Oahu years back when I was a kid. Don't recall anything bad then either. Just remember the flight going was nicer cuz it felt so short.

Archived