Disney Booking Southern Caribbean for 9/06

greatdanemom

...and with those prices, I think the mouse is on crack!

Too funny!!!:D They are kind of pricey. DH and I are doing a 14 day round trip to Hawaii from LA the same month as these Disney cruises. We're actually paying less than the 10 & 11 day Southern Caribbean prices Disney has posted. Even if we factor in airfare it comes out cheaper for Hawaii and we're flying from the East Coast!

But Disney will pull it off because they have a very devoted following. There are a lot of people I encounter on Disney cruises that have never cruised another line yet they're convinced Disney is the best. I have no problem with someone who's cruised other lines and then tells me Disney is better than the others. But I always raise my eyebrows when someone who hasn't tried anything but Disney raves about how they're the "best." :rolleyes: I give Disney an A++++ for marketing.

Then again, there are others like me who pay the Disney premium strictly for our younger kids and then do other lines for everything else. Have to admit my budget will breath a sigh of relief when that last kid gets old enough to enjoy ice skating and rock climbing walls as opposed to standing in line to get your picture with the mouse!!:) Oh my gosh, I just realized I'm trapped...the cycle will begin again with Grandkids...I think I'm sprouting mouse ears...

Please don't be offended by this post if you're a Disney cruiser. I'm on their boats, too. These are just my musings and ramblings as I get older and more savvy about the cruise world in general. Maybe it's a little old age crankiness, too!! ;)

Actually for a Disney Cruise, I don't find the prices that bad.

For the 10-NIGHT cruise, party of two adults, without air, insurance or transfers, in a Category 6 Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah - $4960.38. For a Cat. 9 Outside - $3160.38. And for a Cat. 11 Inside - $2640.38.

No ,they aren't bad prices for a Disney cruise. I think the comments on cost are probably more about comparing the prices to what you would pay on another cruise line. (e.g. our 14 day Hawaii in a veranda cabin is $3800 without air, insurance, and transfers) But you are 100% correct that compared to other Disney cruise prices the 10 and 11 day are good deals.:) If your goal is a good Disney cruise, I say go for it!! It looks like a lot of fun.:D

The prices aren't bad

I find the deposit of $ 1050.00 for 2 adults and a child is just crazy.

and the balance due July 2006....

The balance I have no problem with ... LOL

I was prepared to put $ 750.00 down for my deposit... Now I am a little hesitant..

LOL

...and with those prices, I think the mouse is on crack!

word011.gif It's bad enough doing a 7 night cruise during prime Huricane season! Now to make it 10 or 11 days! Paying this much money I wouldn't want the disappointment of missing ports due to bad weather. JMO , these trips would be better during a non hurricane time! Opps, I'm forgetting , they can't charge as much during most other times except holidays........ :eek: Now I don't know what to think! :confused:

Archived