How much time do you really spend in your cabin?

How much time do you spend in the cabin?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. How much time do you spend in the cabin?

• 9-10 hours a day/night
    • 7-8 hours a day/night
    • 5-6 hours a day/night
    • Who needs sleep?
    • I'm only there for sleep ( and the occasional shower!)

I have only cruised with balcony suites. I concider the ship the destination. I love the sea air and enjoying the quiet view and the ability to relax in style.

You would have to drug me first to stay on an inside closet ,,.....er cabin:D

I have found that in the cruising world there are two distinct types of people-

The ones that are rarely in their cabin, so they book an inside because they will not be in there enough to care, adnteh ones that spend a great deal of time there so want a balcony or better.

I myself am a member of the second group. I watch movies in my cabin, read on my balcony, plus I sail with kids, so they nap, draw, watch tv, whatever. I need at least a larger balcony to be happy.

But if you ask many TA's, they will tell you that they usually book insides for themselves, because they are more affordable, and the cabin doen't matter to them after so many cruises.

Well, I am currently at Platinum level, but even if I were a Diamond Plus Plus, I still could not do without my balcony.

To be fair, I have sailed once in an inside-on the Carnival Holiday back in 1999, when it was still sailing Mexico out of L.A.--it didn't freak me out or anything, but it was weird to have a curtain with nothing behind it but wall. I would not do it again, as the lack of natural lighting and fresh air got to me-luckily it was only a 3 night cruise!!

If I had to tack a number on it, I would say I spend at least 5 hours per day awake in my cabin, more on sea days, less on port days, so that's an average.

I need some natural light. I've only had a balcony room and on my next we're in one again. I don't spend much time in there, just to sleep n shower and change up for dinner, the occasional breakfast on the balcony or in bed, but I couldn't take the lack of natural light and feeling like I'm in a cave. I doubt I'd ever get anything below a balcony but the lowest I'd go would be an oceanview w/ a window.

We sailed the OLD Westerdam and it didn't have balconies. We got a larger cabin with a window--it drove me crazy. I prefer windows that open--I even call ahead and ask at hotels. Vegas drives me nuts--the Desert Inn had wonderful windows that opened and now almost everywhere IF you can open the window--it is 3 inches. I like air and sunlight where I live--on a cruise that is my cabin.

[quote name='Linda/Ohio']The bigger the cabin the more time you can spend in there. I like to be away from the crowds sometimes--so the hours can add up.. I have never played Bingo, or watched a belly flop contest.[/QUOTE]
I agree. We've had everything from the smallest bunk cabins to suites. The bigger the cabin, the more comfortable it is (i.e., sofa/seating area) the more time you spend in your cabin. When we've had suites or junior suites with balconies, we spent the most time in our cabin. We also tended to eat more of our meals in the cabin or on the balcony as well.

Archived