Debarking Jade in Venice

"Jade" ;)

07:45 - 08:00

Give yourself 30 mins - hour for luggage, etc.

I read on another post that they do not allow own walk offs at Venice from the Jade with your own luggage. Is that the case when you suggest up to an hour for your luggage? I am guessing you mean to actually find it in the arrivals hall

We got off the Jade on the seventh of June and the ship was not even cleared until 8:30. There was a very long line to get off the ship and it was very slow going. That is when we were glad we had chosen to fly out the next morning instead of disembarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off the Jade on the seventh of June and the ship was not even cleared until 8:30. There was a very long line to get off the ship and it was very slow going. That is when we were glad we had chosen to fly out the next morning instead of disembarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was self walk off an option? I have also read a comment on here saying that it isn't available on the Jade, but I'm always reluctant to base too much on just one report.

Our flight isn't until late afternoon, so it doesn't matter much, but we just prefer taking our bags off ourself rather than having to leave them out,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

I read on another post that they do not allow own walk offs at Venice from the Jade with your own luggage. Is that the case when you suggest up to an hour for your luggage? I am guessing you mean to actually find it in the arrivals hall

It's true that you are not meant to walk off with your own luggage at Venice but I have read that others have done this without a problem! When I enquired about this prior to our Jade trip, I was told it was a requirement of the Port of Venice and NOT NCL's requirement.

Our experience last Summer was that our cabin steward reminded us to leave our luggage outside our cabin before midnight. I did this VERY reluctantly.........I like to have my luggage with me always...I'm a bit of a worrier! :o

We were in no rush to disembark as we were staying in Venice for 2 nights after the trip, but there was no long line to get off and the finding of the luggage was about as simple as it gets......it was very organised in the luggage hall. If my memory serves me correctly, we left the ship at approx. 9:00am

Was self walk off an option? I have also read a comment on here saying that it isn't available on the Jade, but I'm always reluctant to base too much on just one report.

Our flight isn't until late afternoon, so it doesn't matter much, but we just prefer taking our bags off ourself rather than having to leave them out,

Keith, I'm like you...prefer taking bags ourselves, but in our experience, it really wasn't a problem.

I've just checked my dailies from our trip and the quote is as follows......

"Easy walk-off is not available in Venice, therefore all guests are required to place their luggage outside their stateroom the night before arrival "

Keith, I'm like you...prefer taking bags ourselves, but in our experience, it really wasn't a problem.

I've just checked my dailies from our trip and the quote is as follows......

"Easy walk-off is not available in Venice, therefore all guests are required to place their luggage outside their stateroom the night before arrival "

Yes, it isn't a major problem, and we will just go with whatever is available. It's just good to know beforehand so, for example, we can pack some bags to put wash bags and dirty clothes in to easily transfer from our carry ons to our main luggage between the ship and airport. My wife likes to be organised. :)

Yes, it isn't a major problem, and we will just go with whatever is available. It's just good to know beforehand so, for example, we can pack some bags to put wash bags and dirty clothes in to easily transfer from our carry ons to our main luggage between the ship and airport. My wife likes to be organised. :)

I was really panicking about the luggage issue before our trip.....to be fair, I KNOW I'm a worrier!! ;) So yes, I agree, nice to know beforehand.

I like the sound of your organised wife......a lady after my own heart! :)