Laundry Special on the POA

cruiser2015

Greetings to recent POA cruisers out there.

Sailing in three weeks. Have searched the forums here about the "bag special" flat rate deal. Seems some of the NCL ships have it regularly. One poster said they did not have it on their POA sailing; one said they did have it in April.

Anyone know if it's a usual deal? If so, is it on Tuesdays?

I also found it odd that POA did not offer its laundry special for a particular sailing ... especially since Platinum members get a bag for FREE ... and there's no info on the Latitudes page saying otherwise either :)

And we're hoping to be able to get a bag (or two) of laundry done on our upcoming POA sailing in August ... so I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who has recently cruised ;)

Thanks so much!!

The laundry special wasn't offered on our sailing. We just asked the room steward about it and she brought us a bag on the day we wanted. For the Latitudes perk, write Platinum on the laundry slip and outside the bag.

Thanks so much for the info ... we'll definitely need to have some clothes washed while onboard :)

Hi Deb!!

Yes ... just like you ... I've also been doing my *research* on the boards before our POA cruise this summer ;)

Have a great trip leaving this Saturday ... and please share all the details when you get back :)

The laundry special wasn't offered on our sailing. We just asked the room steward about it and she brought us a bag on the day we wanted. For the Latitudes perk, write Platinum on the laundry slip and outside the bag.

Clarification please - I would assume there's always a bag for laundry (or should be). When you requested it, did it come with a flat rate, or did you pay the usual piece rate? Thanks

Clarification please - I would assume there's always a bag for laundry (or should be). When you requested it, did it come with a flat rate, or did you pay the usual piece rate? Thanks

I believe the OP is saying that the usual *flat rate special* for the bag was NOT offered on their sailing ... so you'd have to pay the per piece price.

However ... if you're a *Platinum* Latitudes member ... you always get 1 bag FREE per sailing. Thus ... it's still possible to get the Platinum perk by just asking for the bag (if it's not already in the cabin) ... and just writing *Platinum* on the bag (and slip) ... to get it for FREE.