My "I lost 10 lbs on this cruise" review of the Getaway 6/7/2014-6/14/2014

Well, I've never had a GB attack, but I have some gory details from eating wheat I could share :D

Well, I'm afraid my details wouldn't really be very gory anyway. I had the surgery, it went well, except for the fact that my lung collapsed and I almost died from the pneumonia it caused :eek: .... obviously I didn't though so no biggie.... :D

Well, I'm afraid my details wouldn't really be very gory anyway. I had the surgery, it went well, except for the fact that my lung collapsed and I almost died from the pneumonia it caused :eek: .... obviously I didn't though so no biggie.... :D

OMG LOL! So totally not funny, but the way you said it!! How did your lung collapse? From the surgery?

OMG LOL! So totally not funny, but the way you said it!! How did your lung collapse? From the surgery?

LOL, all good, life, love, laugh is my main motto..

My lung collapsed b/c the anesthesiologist wasn't paying attention to my breathing... after all, I was young and very healthy, slightly underweight after being on a no fat diet for 4 months, so, why worry... LOL... what a jerk... sheesh.. my surgeon was really, really angry... I was a nurse at the time and friends with the surgeon ... :D

Anyway... all good, glad I had it done when I did. :D

I was just thinking that I know what it's like to try to get a few things in here and there.

I'm glad there are still others out there who have patience. ;) loving the story do far!

Sara

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I was just thinking that I know what it's like to try to get a few things in here and there.

I'm glad there are still others out there who have patience. ;) loving the story do far!

Sara

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Yes, me too, hoping everything is going well and we'll hear "the rest of the story" when everything is good and all is taken care of.

We all wish you the best OP, take care of yourself.... we'll still be here waiting...

I agree! Let's keep this thread rolling for the OP!

I had my GB out in the early 1990's...one of the first in my area to have it removed laparoscopically. The surgeon (who I knew well as I am a nurse at the hospital where the surgery took place) was pretty excited that I was only required to stay in the hospital for 24 hours...versus the longer stay with the "open" surgery. Just 8 short hours out of surgery, the hospital was in a bed crunch....the surgeon discharged me and took me to her house to recuperate so my bed would be available for one of the many patients holding in the ER! Talk about being pampered! :o

Sure hope the OP is recovering well....

Very pleased to hear that you're well. After not having had a day's illness in a decade or more, I got struck down with pneumonia last year. Complete bolt out the blue and hit me really bad. I would say it was 6 months before I felt well again and even now, I don't think i'm 100% better yet. seems to be different levels of it, but it can be really dangerous.

Very pleased to hear that you're well. After not having had a day's illness in a decade or more, I got struck down with pneumonia last year. Complete bolt out the blue and hit me really bad. I would say it was 6 months before I felt well again and even now, I don't think i'm 100% better yet. seems to be different levels of it, but it can be really dangerous.

Wow, that sounds really bad. I guess that's why my DR suggested I get the pneumonia shot before travelling again. As we get older we do get more susceptible to these types of illnesses I guess.

All we can do is be extremely careful in crowds and have the suggested vaccines our physicians suggest.

Hope you get to 100% soon, not fun feeling dragged out and lack lustre.

Wow, that sounds really bad. I guess that's why my DR suggested I get the pneumonia shot before travelling again. As we get older we do get more susceptible to these types of illnesses I guess.

All we can do is be extremely careful in crowds and have the suggested vaccines our physicians suggest.

Hope you get to 100% soon, not fun feeling dragged out and lack lustre.

Thank you, it was pretty bad. I phoned a friend up who is a Doctor and he came straight up as I could hardly breathe and he got me into hospital straight away as my was a real mess. I had a scan and they found a shadow nearly the size of a tennis ball on my lung. They were literally 50/50 on it's being an extremely bad case of pneumonia or something a lot lot worse. Further tests and waiting for results and luckily I was just very poorly. I had to take 6 weeks or so off work and also had two weeks booked in Orlando. The consultant said I was okay to go but to rest (easier said than done with two teenage boys). I was fine but fell I'll the last couple of days and had to see a Doctor there who have me enough meds to fly back. Fortunately I've recovered since but it has been very slow and steady.

One of the very best things in life and also the very worst is the Internet . . . . . The things I was googling regarding the shadow were very worrying. The good things are places like here :D

Didn't OP say surgery was scheduled for the 20th? I remember in the days leading up to my last operation (not gall bladder) I was working over 12 hour days to try and prepare for the 4 weeks post op recovery time because I knew no one would do my work if I wasn't there!

OP - wishing you a good surgery and a pain-med filled recovery: grinning and bearing the pain is for fools! :D Make sure you look after yourself x

I apologize if I sounded "holier that thou". I guess I am a bit sensitive right now as I am scheduled for surgery on my knee on Monday. Never meant any ill will.

:o

Good luck with your surgery. My husband is getting his knee done too, but not until next year. He was going to try to hold out until the fall of this year for his shoulder, but it looks like he will be getting that one done sooner rather than later :( Hope you heal well!!

I work in physical therapy in short term rehab facility. ..all u knee patients. ..TAKE UR PAIN PILLS and bend that knee. Make sure u get a CPM- continual passive range of motion machine. ..will help with range at knee....you will b wonderful afterwards

Good luck to all

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Hello all OP here!

HUGE apologies for keeping you hanging. I came down with a fever and rash. So off to the surgeon.:eek:

My surgery was this morning. I'm very sleepy and sore but other than that ok.

If you have any questions about the surgery please don't hesitate to ask.

Ok now LET'S FOR REAL GET TO THE REVIW:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Hello all OP here!

HUGE apologies for keeping you hanging. I came down with a fever and rash. So off to the surgeon.:eek:

My surgery was this morning. I'm very sleepy and sore but other than that ok.

If you have any questions about the surgery please don't hesitate to ask.

Ok now LET'S FOR REAL GET TO THE REVIW:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

How are you even on the computer?? LOL PS - glad it went well!

Edited by SissasMomE