ship phone numbers

magandab

I want to leave the telephone number for the ship for DH while Mom and I are sailing but when I click on the link on the HAL site, I get an error message. Would anyone have that list handy that they could share? Thanks.

See below from the HAL website. Please know that it is super expensive to call the ship, $16 per minute!

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Cruise+Preparation&WT.ac=pnav_FBG_CruisePrep#

"What Are Your Emergency Phone Numbers?

At some point in your travels you may experience an emergency. With this in mind, the following emergency phone numbers are available for your use. Representatives are on hand to assist you in any way they can, including assistance with travel delays and contacting loved ones. During our regular business hours, please call: 800-426-0327.

Representatives are available from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time). Outside of these hours and during holidays, please call 888-361-8803, or 206-301-5293.*

*This number is for emergency use only; please do not call unless you are experiencing an emergency of a critical nature.

Additionally, you can call the ship** directly from the shore. We recommend that you use this for the most critical emergencies only: Connecting to a Holland America Line vessel at sea is simple by using Ship Dial Service. A credit card is required for all inbound phone calls to a ship. The rate is $USD16.00 per minute and billing begins at the time specified. Please have the ship's name, your party's name and stateroom number before you call. Instructions:

1. Dial 1-800-993-5483 (US). From outside the U.S. access 1-321-837-6106.

2. Listen to the announcement.

3. Listen to the menu and select the number that corresponds to the ship you are calling.

4. If you receive a busy signal or message, please hang up quickly and try your call again.

Please print this page and give it to whomever you wish for dialing instructions. "

Edited by take us away

I'll have my cellphone with me, but I usually leave it in the safe. I have to find out what will happen to my bill if I try to use it in Norway! Thanks for all the help! I knew this was the place to come.

Today was doc day, and while the dance isn't the same, ,the anticipation sure is!

Your best bet is take your cell phone with you. When you are at sea you will have serviced with 'cellar at sea' at 2.95 a minute. When in port, you'll have your regular provider.

I'm not sure but I think I heard recently that the $2.95 per minute rate may no longer be valid on HAL ships. The rate was somewhat higher.

I'm not certain of this on all ships and for all calls, but I know I was charged $8.00 per minute for a call this past winter.

Scott & Karen

Communication At Sea

Telephone: Direct ship-to-shore telephones are provided to each guest stateroom. You may easily place a call to friends, relatives or business associates during your cruise, reception permitting. Similarly, friends and family in the US and Canada may contact Holland America Line ships by direct dialing the following number:

1-866-HAL-SHIP (1-866-425-7447)

From outside the US: 1-732-335-3278

A credit card is required for all inbound phone calls to a ship. The rate is US$16.00 per minute and billing begins at the time specified. Please have the ship name (ms Prinsendam, for example), your party's anme and stateroom number.

Callers at home may also contact each ship directly by dialing the International Access Number (011 from the US), Ocean Code (870) and Ship Number.

Ocean Code: 870

Ship Numbers:

ms Amsterdam: 324-437-011

ms Eurodam: 764-857-176

ms Maasdam: 764-611-948

ms Noordam: 324-602-821

ms Oosterdam: 324-541-710

ms Prinsendam: 324-412-610

ms Rotterdam: 764-663-213

ms Ryndam: 764-092-063

ms Statendam: 764-343-692

ms Veendam: 764-567-077

ms Volendam: 324-596-816

ms Westerdam: 324-412-810

ms Zaandam: 324-644-212

ms Zuiderdam: 324-530-410

ms Nieuw Amsterdam: 765-054-280

For example: Someone calling from the US to the ms Amsterdam would dial 011-870-324-437-011.

I want to leave the telephone number for the ship for DH while Mom and I are sailing but when I click on the link on the HAL site, I get an error message. Would anyone have that list handy that they could share? Thanks.

Amy,

Here is a PDF document I have created from a page I use on the spreadsheets I use to track roll call tours and events. Please feel free to use and circulate it. It is current.

HAL ICE.pdf

What Are Your Emergency Phone Numbers?

At some point in your travels you may experience an emergency. With this in mind, the following emergency phone numbers are available for your use. Representatives are on hand to assist you in any way they can, including assistance with travel delays and contacting loved ones. During our regular business hours, please call: 800-426-0327.

Representatives are available from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time). Outside of these hours and during holidays, please call 888-361-8803, or 206-301-5293.*

*This number is for emergency use only; please do not call unless you are experiencing an emergency of a critical nature.

These numbers can be used by a family member to contact you at no charge in case of a true emergency. They need to know the name of the ship and your cabin number. When mother died our son used the 888#, Seattle contacted the ship and the front desk called me saying I needed to talk to my son immediately then placed a call to his cell phone at no charge to either of us.