Beer prices ??

I have a friend that is considering going on a cruise with us next spring. He is a beer drinker and is wondering what the cost of beer is on the ship. I'm not a beer drinker so I can't answer his question. Can someone tell me the approximate cost of beer. He is also wondering if it might be worth it to purchase the alcohol package. Any input?

Edited by cruiseguy1016

If he is a beer drinker and enjoys microbrews....cruise beer will be hard. My dh found the beer selection very lacking for IPA's. Other beers ran $4.50-6

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband bought the $40/day beer package and it saved us at $6/bottle during our NZ, Transpacific and Hawaii to Vancouver this past March thru May 9th.

This is a big help. I didn't know there was a package that didn't include mixed drinks. Thank you!

Keep in mind when looking at the menu that is linked here, anything with an asterisk is NOT included in any drink package, including the highest priced package. That's why my husband decided against it, those are the beers he'll be drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you get any good beers on tap? I'm not talking about domestic....wouldn't drink them if they were free. I don't drink domestic on land, I'm definitely not going to drink at sea-ha!

If its a Voyager or larger ship and has the British pub on board, there are usually two British beers on tap (last time I was on Voyager it was Boddington's and Bass) and a few of the bars around the ship will usually have Amstel on tap, which IMO isn't much better than an American Domestic, but it's at least got a bit more flavor.

As usual, my main gripe with RCI's beer selection is even with a somewhat impressive list of bottles in the pub, there are almost never any IPA's... and even then its usually a pretty mediocre, low-abu style.

Keep in mind when looking at the menu that is linked here, anything with an asterisk is NOT included in any drink package, including the highest priced package. That's why my husband decided against it, those are the beers he'll be drinking.

On my march explorer cruise i drank many of the beers with a * next to them included in the package

On my march explorer cruise i drank many of the beers with a * next to them included in the package

I'm sure it depends on the bartender. It states on the menu that they aren't included and the list from customer service (in response to an email) only had the mainstream beers listed, so they're not "supposed" to be included. Good to know you got them!

Can you get any good beers on tap? I'm not talking about domestic....wouldn't drink them if they were free. I don't drink domestic on land, I'm definitely not going to drink at sea-ha!

Bud on tap at bow and stern....my beer drinking dh was bummed. The beers he most would enjoy were not included in the premium package...:( Only 1 IPA on the boat "red hook" and not included. Had Sierra Nevada too.