Pool towels

gambee

I have a quick question. Does MSC have a liniment policy with towels like Disney or Celebrity. Or do they have the same policy as Carnival, RCCL and CC? If the towel gets lots or stolen you have to pay for it?

I had my towels stolen a few times, so if they have that policy I much rather bring my own.

Thank you.

I have a quick question. Does MSC have a liniment policy with towels like Disney or Celebrity. Or do they have the same policy as Carnival, RCCL and CC? If the towel gets lots or stolen you have to pay for it?

I had my towels stolen a few times, so if they have that policy I much rather bring my own.

Thank you.

Sorry I have no idea what a liniment policy is! can you explain what you mean please?

They take your cabin details when they issue them and you give your cabin number when you return them. They say they will charge you if you don't return them but I don't know if they enforce this as all but one time I've returned my towel. I normally don't leave my towel if I'm not using the lounger, so never had one stolen or removed my the crew usually. However one time when I'd not gone ashore and the pool deck was really quiet (albeit lots of towels out booking sunbeds by chair hogs) I went to the buffet for about 15 - 20 minutes. When I got back I could not find which bed was mine as I'd left a newspaper on it and it had vanished or maybe blown away. Anyway on that occasion, I went back to the pool towel attendant and explained what had happened and he marked this up and gave me a replacement towel without charging me.

I really don't think this is something you should worry about unless you're in the habit of leaving a towel on a lounger for hours unattended in the hope of booking a bed.

Thank you.

Hi Gambee just to put it simply without the speeches its like Carnival, Rccl, did you book the Divina?

Hi Gambee just to put it simply without the speeches its like Carnival, Rccl, did you book the Divina?

Thank you. I'll make sure to bring my own.

We have not book yet, but it is very likely that we will be on the August 9 sailing.

Sorry I have no idea what a liniment policy is! can you explain what you mean please?

They take your cabin details when they issue them and you give your cabin number when you return them. They say they will charge you if you don't return them but I don't know if they enforce this as all but one time I've returned my towel. I normally don't leave my towel if I'm not using the lounger, so never had one stolen or removed my the crew usually. However one time when I'd not gone ashore and the pool deck was really quiet (albeit lots of towels out booking sunbeds by chair hogs) I went to the buffet for about 15 - 20 minutes. When I got back I could not find which bed was mine as I'd left a newspaper on it and it had vanished or maybe blown away. Anyway on that occasion, I went back to the pool towel attendant and explained what had happened and he marked this up and gave me a replacement towel without charging me.

I really don't think this is something you should worry about unless you're in the habit of leaving a towel on a lounger for hours unattended in the hope of booking a bed.

I just rather not go through that, my towel got stole twice in a mater of seconds. The less I have to worry about the better. Thanks for your reply.

There is a system in place to make you think that you will be charged for loosing or stealing a towel. There is a person on the pool deck who will type your cabin number into a laptop when you take or return a towel- except when he/she is not there or is busy or many times when you are just returning a towel. It is sheer pretence.

If you were travelling hand luggage only, you would rather die than pack a pool towel.

Edited by Skipper Tim

There is a system in place to make you think that you will be charged for loosing or stealing a towel. There is a person on the pool deck who will type your cabin number into a laptop when you take or return a towel- except when he/she is not there or is busy or many times when you are just returning a towel. It is sheer pretence.

If you were travelling hand luggage only, you would rather die than pack a pool towel.

I live in south Florida, to add an extra towel in the bags is really no big deal for us. The only issue really is drying them, I still think that it's better that way. I wish all lines would be like X.

Agreed. Coming back from a tour where I had checked out a towel when I left, they just had us all throw them in a bin with nobody checking them in, and I was not charged.

No need for towel check in and out in the Yacht Club. We were brought two towels each once we selected our loungers, the pool attendant even draped them over our chairs for us, nice little touch. We never had to return the towels back to the pool attendant station either. Yet another bonus for booking Yacht Club accommodations.:D

No need for towel check in and out in the Yacht Club. We were brought two towels each once we selected our loungers, the pool attendant even draped them over our chairs for us, nice little touch. We never had to return the towels back to the pool attendant station either. Yet another bonus for booking Yacht Club accommodations.:D

Unfortunately the Yacht Club is distant from our budget ;)