Price Increase, June, 2015

lovetotraveltx

Just a heads up to those that like to wait. We are taking our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska next June, 2015. Since it's a special occasion we booked very early. After about 2 mos, our cabin (concierge) went up $100. We had to pay that increase to add 123 go.

Just checked today and our cabin is now $200 more than we originally paid and a regular veranda cabin is $100 more than we paid for concierge.

Maybe driven by 123GO?? I have no idea.

Just a heads up to those that like to wait. We are taking our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska next June, 2015. Since it's a special occasion we booked very early. After about 2 mos, our cabin (concierge) went up $100. We had to pay that increase to add 123 go.

Just checked today and our cabin is now $200 more than we originally paid and a regular veranda cabin is $100 more than we paid for concierge.

Maybe driven by 123GO?? I have no idea.

Hi, I checked ours and it is the same. Prices change all the time it seems

Edited by Merriem

I just checked the site I use to monitor pricing, and the sailing noted in your countdown in June 2015, (countdown says 6/7/2015, but the schedule says 6/5/2015??) the veranda, concierge and Aqua cabins have had price increases, now selling at their highest price since on sale.

However insides, OV and suites remain at the same price as when they went on sale.

Clearly more "supply and demand" as more folks want verandas for this journey, so they have increased those cabins as they know they can.

Edited by cle-guy

we are on the equinox Oct 2 this yr to the med, 12 days. for an inside that is now $600 more pp , just checked and they are all sold for inside and ocean view.

Was so happy we booked last Sept for $1,570 pp. could never afford new price.

Merriem, Which ship/sailing are you on?

We have three coming up. The Galapagos..second trip...fantastic is sold out for our sailing. I know it went up after we booked, our reflection cruise is not available because we booked a Suite that is sold out, and finally the last one, a TA is the same.

Most cruises that I have been on go up in price until final payment, then prices usually drop, unless the cruise is really popular and is pretty much filled up. That is why long time cruisers say the best times to book are either very early or after final payment. There are occasional sales, but not often, especially with the 123Go.

I just checked the site I use to monitor pricing, and the sailing noted in your countdown in June 2015, (countdown says 6/7/2015, but the schedule says 6/5/2015??) the veranda, concierge and Aqua cabins have had price increases, now selling at their highest price since on sale.

However insides, OV and suites remain at the same price as when they went on sale.

Clearly more "supply and demand" as more folks want verandas for this journey, so they have increased those cabins as they know they can.

Doing cruisetour. Actual sailing is June 12

We usually book early, like a year or year and a half ahead. We find that most of the cruises we book go up in price, some quite a bit.

Of our last five cruises, I can only think of one where the cruise priced went down after Final Payment. That was the May 2013 British Isles cruise on Infinity. The prices did not drop a lot, but we did get an upgrade from Veranda to Aqua.

On the others, the priced went up. Especially, Around the Horn of South American, Jan 2014 on Infinity. Prices were $1100 pp more for a Veranda, until the ship sold out.

We usually book early, like a year or year and a half ahead. We find that most of the cruises we book go up in price, some quite a bit.

Of our last five cruises, I can only think of one where the cruise priced went down after Final Payment. That was the May 2013 British Isles cruise on Infinity. The prices did not drop a lot, but we did get an upgrade from Veranda to Aqua.

On the others, the priced went up. Especially, Around the Horn of South American, Jan 2014 on Infinity. Prices were $1100 pp more for a Veranda, until the ship sold out.

So if the price drops after final payment celebrity will upgrade you??

So if the price drops after final payment celebrity will upgrade you??

They did upgrade us on the BI Infinity cruise. The key is, if the price of the cabin you want to upgrade to is now lower than what you paid already for the cabin you booked.

• 2 weeks later...
Our veranda cabin for Sept 2015 went up $300pp! ...guess I won't be upgrading to CC:(

Just because its $300 per person higher now, doesn't mean that it's going to be the case from now until Sept of next year. You have to constantly monitor pricing in all categories if you really want to be on top of things. The fact the price has already changed since you originally booked is proof right there. Good luck to you! ;)

Yesterday I was looking at balcony prices on a specific sailing on the website that not only monitors fares, but also lists the history of pricing in each category from the time the sailing was open for bookings to the present. The current balcony price is now selling for $2400, but when the cruise was first opened up for sale it as $1700 for the same category. The price has steadily risen at various price points between $1700 and $2400 (usually a $50-$100 jump with each increase). The sailing is still nearly 11 months out, so its anyone's guess where pricing will go from here. If, after final payment time there are still quite a few vacancies within that category, they'll either go up on the Tuesday Xciting deals sale, or you'll see senior and or resident rates all of a sudden appear.

Yesterday I was looking at balcony prices on a specific sailing on the website that not only monitors fares, but also lists the history of pricing in each category from the time the sailing was open for bookings to the present. The current balcony price is now selling for $2400, but when the cruise was first opened up for sale it as $1700 for the same category. The price has steadily risen at various price points between $1700 and $2400 (usually a $50-$100 jump with each increase). The sailing is still nearly 11 months out, so its anyone's guess where pricing will go from here. If, after final payment time there are still quite a few vacancies within that category, they'll either go up on the Tuesday Xciting deals sale, or you'll see senior and or resident rates all of a sudden appear.

This is why we book early.

This is why we book early.

It's surely a crap shoot. Book early and see prices drop precipitously after final payment, or wait and see the ship fill up with nothing available. For me it all depends on how important the particular cruise is to me. Increasingly, no cruise is so important that I'd pay an outrageous price.

I am glad I booked early....just would have preferred a bit larger cabin...we are on an M Class ship...so the CC is worth the upgrade...normally....but we are in a good midship location so can't complain too much....will keep checking the prices but it seems with the 123go deal they are selling cabins faster than normal..

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app