Carnival Sunshine

rondak4u

Hello.. I am new to cruising- I have only been on 1 and that was a RCI and over 5 yrs ago. I am going on the Sunshine 1 Nov to the Exotic Eastern Caribbean. Being new to the cruising scene I am looking for any feedback from anyone who has cruised with the Sunshine. We are looking into the alcohol pkg, does anyone know how that works?? Our cabin is on the 7th deck..looks like in the middle-- is that good?? LOL ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Ronda

the alcohol package work where it is 49.95/day plus gratuity. can be purchased on first two days of cruise. if purchased, everyone 21 and over in cabin must buy it and has to be for entire length of cruise. the package is also good for non-alcoholic like pop and some juices. alcoholic drink cut off is 15 drinks in a 24 hour period (from what i heard).

been on a similar sized ship to Sunshine, middle is good and deck 7 noise and motion should be at a minimum.

Edited by Gizmo88

All the pay restaurants are very good. JiJis as my favorite. Ate there twice. I was on the latest repositioning 11 night cruise on the Sunshine. Not my favorite ship but it is nice. They had some air conditioning problems and sewer smell problems. Made it uncomfortable at times. Also show up very early for the shows. The Liquid Lounge is not very big. Good shows though but did notice the cut backs. The buffet food was very lacking in choice compared to other ships I have been on. Also very hard to reach the food unless you have long arms. Some rooms have fridges, shelves in closets and extra seating other than a bed and a stool, mine unfortunately did not. I had plenty of room for it though. The water on this ship was actually good. Never been able to tolerate the taste of it on any other before. Serenity decks are awesome, get there early! Have fun!

Was on the Sunshine last January and hated the Theather Layout. Tables and chairs on Level 3 and not very many of those. To me the buffet was not set out correctly , I found myself going in circles. The Italian restaurant ($12) was outstanding. They added more cabins and people and not any more public areas. I thought the Serenity was in the wrong place, right in front of the big screen Tv (loud) and 3 levels with no waiters and 1 bar on the middle level. I love Carnival and have 35 cruises with them and 7 more booked but none on the Sunshine. Dennis

Good choice, lots to do on the ship. My recent review is linked in my signature. There were very few things I didn't like about the ship.

They cut you off at 15 on the cheers card, but you can still buy a drink at regular prices and put it on you sail n sign.

Since you mentioned the cheers card. Two words. Alchemy Bar

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution