QM2 Behind the Scenes Tour

Roland787

Actually, we met a very nice couple on board QM2 a few years ago. We ran into each other on several occasions. One night, the husband explained that his wife was having a horrible time, and was resting in bed, in great pain because of a dental problem.

The ship was due to dock in NYC in a few days, so I asked if he wanted me to call my dentist in Manhattan to see if he could see her while they were in port. No, he said, they had a flight arranged back to the UK, and she would be treated there. I urged him to take his wife to the medical center on board - if nothing else, the doctor could evaluate, and anti-biotic could be prescribed if signs of infection was present. He was having none of that.

I've often wondered how she fared during the flight: high altitudes and a serious dental problem don't mix well.

I related this incident to my dentist weeks later, and he suggested that the medical center on board QM2 could deal with a dental emergency on board. (Why he was so certain of that, I don't know) Anyway, I visit the dentist for a checkup before taking a cruise (not that is any guarantee no problems will occur - ship happens, and teeth chip !)

Going to the dentist before a cruise is an excellent idea.

Had I been in her situation, I would've headed strait to the medical center; had they not been able to help me, I would have gone to the Commodore Club for some serious pain medicine.;)

Thank you for your report of the tour. It sounds something we would both love but also sounds extremely difficult to actually be able to get on. I guess it is difficult to have all the areas and personnel available to do more than the one tour but it sounds like more would be an idea.

Edited by maz48

Thank you for your report of the tour. It sounds something we would both love but also sounds extremely difficult to actually be able to get on. I guess it is difficult to have all the areas and personnel available to do more than the one tour but it sounds like more would be an idea.

While on the tour we were told that, occasionally, a second tour will be added if the master agrees.

I agree the price is a bit much but we had a large amount of OBC to spend.