Dining Times

jhbkcb

I have a question...what's the deal with all dining times being waitlisted. I have never seen that before. Has anyone had that experience? We are booked on Zuiderdam 10/22 trip.

It could be ... but not necessarily. When the ship is getting full, I think they go into waitlist mode and quit guaranteeing either first or second seating. This gives the Maitre d' some room in which to operate once pax come aboard and do last-minute shifting around. I believe that's why folks recommend you visit him immediately upon boarding the ship if you need to change ... before one seating or the other is truly filled up and locked in.

Seeing as there is just under 3 months before your cruise, there is the possibilty that they have a cut off point for all dining times. That way they don't promise everyone the same dining time. Then as the time gets closer to the cruise and they know nearly what everyone wants, those that have been waitlisted will be assigned a dining time. Some will get what they request while those at the bottom of the list will get what is left.

Archived