Adventure of the Seas Iceland & Norway Cruise May 30 2014 Sailing Review

We were under no pressure to do anything at all. Absolutely lovely. Time to recharge.

kehnrb.jpg

In the Windjammer during dinner time, I came across Make your own pizza. Can't remember if we had this in previous ships. Here are two short videos. They are very tasty as they come out from the oven piping hot.

Did they announce the Make Your Own Pizza in the Daily Compass, or did you just happen to skip dinner in the MDR that night? I know my kids would love this, but we have early seating and might miss it.

Did they announce the Make Your Own Pizza in the Daily Compass, or did you just happen to skip dinner in the MDR that night? I know my kids would love this, but we have early seating and might miss it.

I think this was a permanent station at Windjammer every night, during dinner hours.

Thanks for your fantastic review. Especially the videos.

We are on this ship for the November TA and are really looking forward to it.

What time did you take the breakfast videos in the windjammer? Seems nice and relaxed..........and quiet!!

Thanks for your fantastic review. Especially the videos.

We are on this ship for the November TA and are really looking forward to it.

What time did you take the breakfast videos in the windjammer? Seems nice and relaxed..........and quiet!!

Ah, so the ship goes back to the USA in November. Cool.

I was at the Windjammer shortly after 7am, before 0730. The windjammer does get rather busy during peak breakfast times. It pays to go early for a relaxed environment.

Anyway, I had no problems waking up because of jet lag. Singapore is 7 hours ahead of UK (8 hrs once daylight savings kick in).

Looking forward to more. I'm enjoying your videos.

Thanks for your note. You may have seen my reviews of earlier cruises and they were all pictures.

This time round, the reason why I decided to add the video element was partly because of the waterfalls that we were going to see in Iceland. Still pictures won't do any justice.

Stay tuned.

Some more random pictures from Days 2 and 3, Sea Days.

Peek-a-boo bridge. 2 bridge officers, looking rather bored.

ncz3hz.jpg

View of the ship

21b400i.jpg

Most of the time, the weather was foggy and windy, however, we did get some sun now and then.

muad1t.jpg

Solarium, at least this time it was a bit more sunny.

10i7489.jpg

That's the line for the soft-serve frozen yoghurt. Even though the weather was cool, this was still very popular. Check out the staff in gloves and hood. It was very windy.

xepz86.jpg

What's with all the people? I think some sale going on in the Royal Promenade. There is always some sale happening daily.

20h92ja.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

The Ice show was 'Cool Art, Hot Ice'. We hadn't watched this show before. We caught it on Day 2 afternoon. It was fantastic, even though we had watched ice-shows previously on the Voyager of the Seas.

2hpqart.jpg

They are rather imaginative with the props.

2e0im91.jpg

Even seen short people ski? (They were actually sitting on some stools!)

2dwdd9c.jpg

The guest performers were the stars of the show.

2wbth0i.jpg

Isn't this quite stunning?

f0d84k.jpg

More photos of the Ice Show here - http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-ice-show-cool-art-hot.html

We dined at Giovanni's Table for dinner on Day 2 of the cruise. The speciality restaurant is located beside Windjammer. I think it used to be Portofino. This was our first time at Giovanni's. We made a reservation for 6:30pm.

Our dinner lasted a long time. It took more than 3 hours to complete, even though we wanted the dishes served faster, it was not possible because the restaurant was too crowded. The dinner took so long that both my kids fell asleep on their chairs. The head waiter was apologetic and waived their charges (US$10/kid), so my kids ate free. At least he recognized that we had to wait a long, long time for our food.

The chefs were very busy. Apparently, there were many large groups dining that evening.

The Cheese table. We didn't have any cheese that evening.

fedhm1.jpg

Starter - The Scallops

25qc4km.jpg

And I had the steak.

2hqa2js.jpg

The Tiramisu, from the dessert trolley.

2hpuiaw.jpg

For more pictures of what we ate, please go my blog post.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.com/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-giovannis-table-dinner.html

Overall, it was a good dinner, even though it took so long. I would eat at Giovanni's again.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

we had 2,wonderful meals at Giovanni's on the Oasis. The evening meal took about 2 hrs but we had a couple courses and a bottle of wine ;) the mushroom risotto and the veal were fab. We will be enjoying another meal here on the Brilliance next year

Thanks for taking time to do the review

Bev

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

we had 2,wonderful meals at Giovanni's on the Oasis. The evening meal took about 2 hrs but we had a couple courses and a bottle of wine ;) the mushroom risotto and the veal were fab. We will be enjoying another meal here on the Brilliance next year

Thanks for taking time to do the review

Bev

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

Ah, we didn't try the mushroom risotto. Looks like we should try that next.

Tried the veal, but didn't really like it.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Main Dining Room Lunch on Days 2 and 3

We had lunch in the Main Dining Room twice during this cruise, on Day 2 and 3 sea days. The menus were very familiar to us, having had them numerous times previously.

Lunch in the MDR was pretty busy. Lines had formed even before the doors opened.

One of the lunch menus

2s9udna.jpg

The Tutti Frutti salad bar, always a favourite.

qogn42.jpg

Here is a video -

That was my salad.

2ezqkvb.jpg

This was my favourite dish from lunch, the Barramundi fish with rice.

dwuz4n.jpg

Desserts were very good too.

1syv7r.jpg

For more pictures, pls go to my blog post:

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-days-2-3-sea-day.html

Edited by Iluvcruising2