Sunshine or Liberty

Morgsmom

Getting ready to take my first solo cruise... now that DD is heading off to college. Given the fact that Carnival is one of the few cruiselines to have favorable rates for singles, I am looking at either the Sunshine or Liberty.

Would appreciate thoughts on the refurbs on each of the ships.

We just got back off the Liberty and loved it. Even though it was sold out it did not seem crowed. We never had to stand in line for anything. The Sunshine is nice but I have read where it seems crowded. It is a smaller ship but has more passengers and crew. Don't think you can go wrong with either ship. Have fun.

I too, sailed "Liberty" just a couple of weeks ago, and I too, had a FANTASTIC time aboard. Ship, crew, food, service, and entertainment all second to none IMO. You won't go wrong booking and sailing "Liberty". :cool:

"SKY"

Been on both and they are probably my #1 & 2 ships - not sure which I'd put in the #1 spot.

Sunshine only felt crowded to me at embark and debark. Otherwise not too bad. While I like the 2.0 Liberty I also really liked the changes to the Sunshine. There was so much to do on the Sunshine it was tough to get it all in.

I'd probably flip a coin and go with the itinerary or departure that fits my schedule best.

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

For shows & nightly entertainment, Liberty easily wins by a mile. For waterslides & serenity, Sunshine wins. Sunshine also has the added Asian & Italian restaurants. I would pick Liberty, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Loved reading these reviews. We are sailing on the liberty in July and we have been on her before and loved it. Sailing on the Sunshine in October and was only on that ship when it was the Destiny. I've read some good and not so good reviews about the Sunshine and was wondering myself about this particular ship. We always make the best of every cruise no matter what but my brother and his wife are also going with us in October and this will be their 1st cruise ever. Hoping the Sunshine doesn't disappoint.

Me 😃