To BX Balcony or Not on the Breakaway??

yoboy08753

ok i'll Bite whats wrong with that cabin? It certinly would not have been my first choice.

I think Wasiii's gentle wink indicates he's being the friendliest, most jovial, kind-hearted of trolls. But I am looking at same/similar cabin for future sailing. So I'm interested in any commentary, including yours on your return.

Enjoy your cruise.

.....I was in no way, shape or form being a troll, I was just teasing teasing you Steve.

I know nothing about the cabin, sorry for any light-hearted confusion that took place.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

.....I was in no way, shape or form being a troll, I was just teasing teasing you Steve.

I know nothing about the cabin, sorry for any light-hearted confusion that took place.

wasiii

No problems I was actually hoping you had some incite on that cabin!

As far as the topic goes this will most likely be my first and last guarantee cabin especially with the new smoking rules.

Edited by stevenq99

Sailing on Aug 23 BX and just got mine assignment a couple of days ago, 10158. Kind of wanted a starboard side. By I am so happy to be going regardless of the location. Any one had any luck with getting a cabin switch once it's been assigned?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing on Aug 23 BX and just got mine assignment a couple of days ago, 10158. Kind of wanted a starboard side. By I am so happy to be going regardless of the location. Any one had any luck with getting a cabin switch once it's been assigned?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I posted a similar query. Hope someone can answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will not switch an "x" cabin under any circumstance. Once it is assigned, it is yours. If they switched cabins and allowed selection, it wouldn't really be a "guarantee". The only way you can change an assigned x cabin is by paying $ for an upgrade.

It has been stated that NCL will not move you from one room to an open one in the same category. I have a BX for my October Getaway cruise but have not yet received a room. I have done guarantee rooms on two different lines. The first time on RRCL I was not a CC member so had no clue about the possibility of changing the cabin. Second time was on Celebrity where they do allow you to move from one cabin to another. As a result we went from forward port side to midship starboard on our Mediterranean cruise! And this time I am aware of the NCL policy that I cannot change cabins after assignment, no biggie!

snow bunny

I understand the guarantee rules I guess I should have been a bit more clear on my question. What was the best upgrade given from a bx guarantee was really what I was looking for. Maybe a new thread is needed for this?

Edited by yoboy08753

We've got an MX GTY for our Breakaway sailing on 02/01/15 so what does that get me. Hope someone has an answer while we still have time to change if we need to. Supposed to be a mini suite and we got a great price for a 12 day sailing.

Thanks!

It gets u an MX at least if not higher category