Category W, what does that mean??

We booked a category D2, superior oceanview with balcony on the Legend of the Seas for August. I have made final payment and now am checking every so often to see if there is a chance to upgrade to a junior suite or above. I understand I can do this but not get a refund if there is a price drop in my category??? There appears to be a number of junior suites still available but they are offering a category W gurantee and I am not sure what type of cabin that would be??? Also we are about 68 days out, those in the know, do you think there will be some more price drops?? The category W will cost about 500 dollars per person more and I am not sure I want to go that much. I was hoping to upgrade for about 500 dollars total for both of us...Advice please.....

The "W" should get you a Junior Suite or better. I don't think it's worth $1000 more than a balcony on a typical 7 day cruise, but I know nothing about your cruise.

Edited by clarea

The "W" should get you a Junior Suite or better. I don't think it's worth $1000 more than a balcony on a typical 7 day cruise, but I know nothing about your cruise.

It is 7 days, beginning in Oslo, to Stavanger, Geiranger, Alesund and Hamburg with two sea days...at the end of August. I agree, I thought that was a bit much and this far out and with so many cabins still available that there may be some more drops in price. I have not sailed much on RC so was wondering if anyone knows about how far out they offer the best prices....

It is 7 days, beginning in Oslo, to Stavanger, Geiranger, Alesund and Hamburg with two sea days...at the end of August. I agree, I thought that was a bit much and this far out and with so many cabins still available that there may be some more drops in price. I have not sailed much on RC so was wondering if anyone knows about how far out they offer the best prices....

I've never been able to predict pricing trends. Since it's not your typical Caribbean itinerary, it's probably worth more to upgrade to the JS, but $1000 is still too steep for me.

Looking at a pricing website, the Vision sailing at around the same time last year had $1799 as the best JS fare and it was offered the first week of July.

This year the best Legend 7 night JS rates in July have been $1449/$1499 offered for just 2 night periods following final payment and they sold out when they had these 2 sales. The only risk is they might have been sales that were only officially open to 'new' bookings. I can not see that detail.