Platinum Wash and Fold benefit?

Herby

I am still limiting what I send to laundry though.....underwear, pajamas, socks, bathing suits, and shorts. I would definitely not send t-shirts.....we did that on the Imagination and they came back looking like a size Medium :eek:

It is a very nice service for Platinum guests though to limit the dirty that they have to return home with

We've been doing B2B cruises. I pack enough delicates for the week. At the beginning of the 2nd week, I send my capris, nighty, and socks to be laundered. My tops are delicate so I don't want to send them. However, since I don't sweat, I'm able to wear them once each cruise.

I've requested that our clothes be washed in cold water and they seem to have complied with the request. Our bright clothing came back bright.

I really, really doubt that your clothes are washed in cold water. On the Behind The Scene Tour, we saw the huge washing machines & dryers. They said everything gets thrown in together. I think that all of your stuff is put into a mesh bag.

I also wash almost everything in cold water & delicate dryer cycle. However, my capris have never shrunk even in their hot water.

There may be special requests but you will never know, because everything gets thrown in together in a mesh bag. with other mesh bags, you think your bag is the only one per load. These are big machines not your home washer and dryer. I send 1 bag each cruise unless its a BtoB then 3 bags go. The other half goes to the laundry room and does her own

Another thing that we do is bring a small bottle of Woolite with us. After several days I wash underthings in the sink and hang them up to dry overnight. Saves time and I always have something fresh to wear. This is good for t-shirts, too, as I go through several per day when it's really hot outside. For me, it beats going to the on board laundromat or sending delicates to be washed by the staff.

Since I travel with non-Platinum cruisers... I add their things to my bags. And I travel with an older person, who has "accidents" and needs more washing... But I still find that 3 for a 7 day cruise is fine!!!

I fold the items and put them in the paper bag, I don't stuff them in, crumpled up, maybe this allows for more in the bag. I've never sorted my colors and lights -- and still have NO PRBLEM!!! Again, even with the hot water wash -- They are fine and sometimes still toasty, when I get them back!!!

One time, the ac was on too much in the cabin, and the laundry came back, and the shirts I put in were so warm, I just curled up under them!!!! :) ;) :cool: