Overall Best Ship?

js

Hi all.

I know from sailing NCL and RCCL, there are always a group favorite of a particular ship.

A ship that is laid out well, glowing remarks about crew, cleanleness and overall good vibe.

What is that ship on CCL (or at least on cruisecritic).

Thinking about booking a Carnival cruise. Last time we sailed Carnival was on the Dream when it first came out.

Thanks all.

Not to be off topic but the best ship is whichever one I am on! Seriously, I make the most of my cruise vacation. I don't sweat the small stuff and have the best time when I am not worried about every little thing. That is also how I face life and it's ups and downs. There are worse things in life than not having creme brulee , or an older ship without all of the bells and whistles, like say having cancer or losing a loved one. It's all in your perspective.

Just off the valor really liked it. The staff was very good and friendly. Quickly remembered names and how we like our food. Always said hi and had a smile. The ship was always clean and the food was very good. Plus The ports of call are great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went back to Carnival last year (from RCCL) and sailed on Dream. I loved the ship until I sailed on Breeze later in the year. IMHO Breeze is my favorite. It has much newer upgrades than Dream and the decor is so "beachy".

My favorite ship is the Legend. She's big, but not the biggest. I've never felt crowded due to the layout. The staff is wonderful and food as good as I've had on any ship. I'm sad she is moving to Australia since that's way too far for me to fly. :(

Hi all.

I know from sailing NCL and RCCL, there are always a group favorite of a particular ship.

A ship that is laid out well, glowing remarks about crew, cleanleness and overall good vibe.

Thinking about booking a Carnival cruise. Last time we sailed Carnival was on the Dream when it first came out.

Thanks all.

We have been on 11 Carnival cruises various ships and our favorite Hands down was the Liberty after the 2.0 upgrades loved every aspect of it. Did not like the Dream at all even though its basically the same ship and layout just less of the upgrade and poorly designed to handle the extra people IMHO.

Not to be off topic but the best ship is whichever one I am on! Seriously, I make the most of my cruise vacation. I don't sweat the small stuff and have the best time when I am not worried about every little thing. That is also how I face life and it's ups and downs. There are worse things in life than not having creme brulee , or an older ship without all of the bells and whistles, like say having cancer or losing a loved one. It's all in your perspective.

Love this! I have to agree that it's whichever one I'm on, and it's all in your perspective.

We were trying to decide whether we liked the Elation or the dream better, since they are soooo different, and honestly we couldn't pick one over the other. Waterworks and the movie screen were awesome on the dream, but fewer crowds and the pool/waterslide combo on Elation were nice. Actually there was one difference that threw the Dream out in the lead and that was the cove balcony. Can't get a balcony on Elation unless it's a suite.

I really liked the Miracle. It was very purple and the theater and comedy club are so awesomely decorated. I also like the rotunda on the Glory. It was very cool to seeing the colors on the ceiling and floors.

I am very excited to go on the Valor because I hears its got great décor.

I have sailed on most of their ships that have sailed out of Miami in the last 12 years. I love all of them, but my all time favorite is the Valor due to the American Theme decor. I love it! I have sailed on Imagination, Glory, Fascination, Victory, Triumph, Valor, Breeze, Liberty, and Destiny. I have sailed on most of these 3 times.

Thank you all very much!

I appreciate your feedback.

I am thinking if we book Carnival, it will be the Breeze.

Our group will consist of my family, which are my dh, dd-21, ds-17 and myself.

We have my mom, who is 68.

I have my sister's family, which includes three children all under 11.

I can do cove balconies on the Breeze and a balcony on the Independence on RCCL.

RCCL is $500 more and my mom is paying for us, which would be four cabins (either two balconies and two insides or all four balconies) so that $500 would really be $2,000 if we all did balconies. Even if over $1,000 still huge savings.

I do agree, too, that a vacation is what you make of it and I, too, have never met a cruise I didn't like but I do have to take into consideration a 21 year old, 17 year old, 3 little boys a mom and my sister's familiy who really loves DCL.

So, with given above, I do think that the Breeze would be the logical choice if it gets good reviews for families. I, of course, could get even lesser priced cruise but I do want a nice vacation where all are happy.

I remember when Dream was coming out. We did have a balcony but the Cove balconies were intriguing. I would book us in a Cove since that is the least expensive balcony cabin.

Edited by js

My favorite ship is the Legend. She's big, but not the biggest. I've never felt crowded due to the layout. The staff is wonderful and food as good as I've had on any ship. I'm sad she is moving to Australia since that's way too far for me to fly. :(

We like her too. Sailing on her before she moves.

I agree. The best is so subjective and really just the opinion of the person you are talking to.

We have loved different things about all three ships we've been on-Dream, Conquest and Pride

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regarding cove Balcony, I recently saw a review on the Dream with a Cove. The location is great, next to the water, but he explained that at some point on his cruise, the waters were rough and they had to close the balcony doors with these water-tight doors that came out of the wall. It was interesting and I never thought about that. I am curious about them, though. I think the member was zydecocruzer or something like that.

Regarding cove Balcony, I recently saw a review on the Dream with a Cove. The location is great, next to the water, but he explained that at some point on his cruise, the waters were rough and they had to close the balcony doors with these water-tight doors that came out of the wall. It was interesting and I never thought about that. I am curious about them, though. I think the member was zydecocruzer or something like that.

Thank you.

I booked the Dream when she first came out and read all about the Cove balconies.

I wouldn't book one in the winter months but I think a July caribbean cruise I may take my chances. I'd have to see what my dh would want since he is a balcony snob but I'm willing to give it a try.

Hi all.

Thanks all.

My favorites are Sunshine and Pride. The aft wrap suites on the Pride and other Spirit class ships are hard to beat at that price point. And I just love all the new 2.0 upgrades on Sunshine along with the waterfall and Serenity area.

With very few exceptions in my experiences on Carnival, their staff has bent over backwards to please passengers and provide a great cruise experience.

Is Carnival perfect? No. Far from it and some of their policies lately have been downright aggravating. But I still think Carnival provides great value in cruising.