Cheers question

javamom

I know there's a long thread or two, and I have even bought the Cheers program in the past... But I would like to know for those that have cruised recently can the program still be purchased on the second day? TIA :D

Yes you can buy it the second day (from Texas you cannot purchase on first day), but it seems to depend on what ship you are on if they charge you for the first day. We were on the Sunshine in February and were told you had to buy it for all days of the cruise, even if you bought it the second day, they charged you for the first and gave credit for any drinks purchased the first day. But many have reported that was not so on their cruises, so you will find out for sure on your next cruise.

Edited by Island Hopping

on the Pride a couple of weeks ago, my son was charged I think it was tax, until after we got out of Chesapeake bay. So there were charges for about 10-15 cents per drink. so weird.

The tax was not because of the cheers program, everyone is charged a tax on all drinks purchased until the ship get to international waters and the pride out of Baltimore takes approx 7 hours to get there so the first nights drinks are taxed until almost midnight.