Haven Newbie with Butler Questions

Imasima752

We're Haven newbies and would like to know what type of snacks are available to request? Is splenda available? Which brand/types of teas and coffees? I would like to have a list to give the butler as suggested by a few people here, but I don't know what our options are and don't want to ask for something unreasonable, or worse, be told that something isn't an option when it is. Also, what types of fruit are included in the fruit basket? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Our fruit bowl had apples, grapes and banana. I believe the coffee was the brand the machine takes, but I can't remember for certain. Our snacks were sandwiches, cheese plates, cookies, canapés, choc strawberries and pretzel rolls. There was probably other things as well. It was three full plates everyday. We didn't request anything. As a mom it was great not having the think about it or plan it and letting someone else do it for me. I miss my afternoon snacks, lol.

Splenda is available. The brand of coffee and tea is Lavazza. You will be contacted by the pre-cruise concierge with the types of coffee and tea you can request as well as a pillow menu. (The odds of the requests being met are hit and miss, but you can request what you want once you are on board if the concierge thing doesn't work out.) You can tell the butler some general things like you prefer salty over sweet snacks, hate seafood, or whatever. They go through a rotation of snacks but can substitute or repeat things as you want.

We're Haven newbies and would like to know what type of snacks are available to request? Is splenda available? Which brand/types of teas and coffees? I would like to have a list to give the butler as suggested by a few people here, but I don't know what our options are and don't want to ask for something unreasonable, or worse, be told that something isn't an option when it is. Also, what types of fruit are included in the fruit basket? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Between 30 and 60 days before your sailing, you will get an email or letter from The Haven concierge. Options for a basic suite are:

Pillow Options:

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee:

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea:

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

The only correct answer is what is available on your ship at the time you sail. No need to ask ahead. When you meet your butler tell him/her what you want and they will let you know what is available.

As long as it is on the ship you can get it! Snacks can range from mini sandwiches..DH love the BLT and Tuna to my favorite Pretzel Rolls from the buffet. You can also request cut up fruit. The only thing I have ever had a problem with (10+ times in the Haven and counting) is sometimes they run out of Decaf Tea. Our last trip our Butler went to CVS (unknown to me) in Port Canaveral and bought it for me. The possibilities in the Haven are endless… and of course always tip accordingly at the end of your cruise. You will love it enjoy :)

Can you ask for something from the buffet, a nice burger for example or is this not done? I'm sailing in octobre and would definitely like to use my butler to pamper myself (ofcourse wih apropriate tipping) but I don't know how far you can go? Examples:

Can you:

* order food from the main restaurant when not in the mood to go there?

* call your butler to fill your bathtub when you are in the restaurant and would love to take a bath after dinner?

* ask the butler to bring a specialty cocktail from some bar (when paying for it ofcourse)?

Thx for the replies!

You can have them bring you just about anything that is available on the ship...

For example, if there is a particular dessert at one of the specialty restaurants you enjoy... Your butler will be happy to bring it to your cabin if you like... and at no charge! You only incur a charge if you order an entree from a specialty restaurant. Works for appetizers as well...

We particularly enjoyed the macadamia nut ice cream sandwiches from Cagneys and had Jeffrey our butler on the Gem bring us a tray of them one evening. It was delicious! Pretzel rolls from the buffet were a big hit with my wife and Jeffrey kept us stocked with those as well!

Your butler will spoil you if you let him! :)

Edited by cliffd64

You can have them bring you just about anything that is available on the ship...

For example, if there is a particular dessert at one of the specialty restaurants you enjoy... Your butler will be happy to bring it to your cabin if you like... and at no charge! You only incur a charge if you order an entree from a specialty restaurant. Works for appetizers as well...

We particularly enjoyed the macadamia nut ice cream sandwiches from Cagneys and had Jeffrey our butler on the Gem bring us a tray of them one evening. It was delicious! Pretzel rolls from the buffet were a big hit with my wife and Jeffrey kept us stocked with those as well!

Your butler will spoil you if you let him! :)

We were in the Deluxe Owners Suite and asked for two shrimp cocktails from Cagney's and was told they would have to charge us for at least one meal. Needless to say we opted not to pay $25 for two shrimp cocktails. :(

Can you ask for something from the buffet, a nice burger for example or is this not done? I'm sailing in octobre and would definitely like to use my butler to pamper myself (ofcourse wih apropriate tipping) but I don't know how far you can go? Examples:

Can you:

* call your butler to fill your bathtub when you are in the restaurant and would love to take a bath after dinner?

* ask the butler to bring a specialty cocktail from some bar (when paying for it ofcourse)?

Thx for the replies!

Yes to all.

The butlers want to make your cruise unforgettable and want you to ask them to do things. At least the butlers I have had want you to.

If it is inappropriate or not part of their duties, they will let you know.

Can you:

Thx for the replies!

You can order anything off any (no charge) restaurant any time that venue is open. The menus for all but the MDR will be on your TV. You can ask the butler to bring you the daily MDR menus. Any food or drink that has a charge is also brought by your butler. Drawing a bath will probably incur a fee as there is or used to be a bath menu.

Can you:

Thx for the replies!

I am sorry, MiniJ- you would actually call your butler and ask him to fill your tub whilst you finished dining?

I just don't get it.

Nora

Kind of sad that I am leaving for a conference and won't be able to respond to the flame-throwing masses.

Edited by DrNora

I am sorry, MiniJ- you would actually call your butler and ask him to fill your tub whilst you finished dining?

I just don't get it.

Nora

Kind of sad that I am leaving for a conference and won't be able to respond to the flame-throwing masses.

I don't know, maybe? Why not?

At the beginning of my cruise I will give the buttler a nice pre-tip, like $50 of $75 because my best friend is coming along and she is a bit scared of boats and water so I want her to be treated very well so she feels more comfy. So yes, we will use our butler and our tipping will be generous.

Last year I was on the Jade, also in the haven, and I used my butler twice because I was too afraid to ask things. I didn't want them to think that I'm the rich spoiled Belgian who nees a personal slave. Ofcourse now I realise that there's a huge difference between asking for some normal things and thinking you got a slave.

So this time we will be using our butler more and I just want to know what's possible.

On the jewel in June we had a bath menu. It had various types of additives that the butler could add to the bath. It was an additional cost.

Yep, we've had that offered too. Similar to a mini spa thing. Rose water, milk bath etc. Significant cost. Not at all the same as asking him/her to draw a bath. Timing would be everything. Butler takes care of 8-10 suites and depending on activities might be difficult to time it anymore than plus or minus 30 minutes. Ask and see what you get.

I don't know, maybe? Why not?

At the beginning of my cruise I will give the buttler a nice pre-tip, like $50 of $75 because my best friend is coming along and she is a bit scared of boats and water so I want her to be treated very well so she feels more comfy. So yes, we will use our butler and our tipping will be generous.

Your butler would probably be offended if you "pre-tipped" him or her. They are professionals and like the concierge, it is more of the norm to only tip at the end of the cruise once all of their services have been performed.

Your butler will be able to provide you with anything that is available onboard. We tried to be reasonable and I'm not being snarky but I would not have asked our butler to draw a bath. Nor would I expect the butler to unpack for us or do lots of things that I'm quite capable of doing myself.

When you take care of the small things that leaves your butler time to do the really special things for you.

Our butler was excellent and we enjoyed having the opportunity to get to know him. He quickly learned that my DD's favorite sandwich is a BLT. Everyday when snacks were delivered there was a plate of mini BLTs...........and so good! He also made sure that we received crème brulee each night from Le Bistro for our evening snack.