Great RCL Service - Vacation Planner

Hey CC family :)

Trying not to be a bandwagoner, but with all the recent posts on poor service and long waiting times, I called RCL 4 days ago (main number on RCL website, not C&A or any other "special" number) and got a rep within 10 seconds. Wanted to book a new cruise, I hadn't used RCL directly in over two years but had an old NCC in RCL's name I wanted to finally use, they looked it up within seconds (even though I did not have the res#), and I got all my info. Cruise quote emailed within 5 minutes....

Fast fwd 4 days later (this morning), called in again, this time waited a whopping 40 seconds!:p After saying hello for a couple of seconds and saying what I was calling for, he called me by name... he had quickly entered my cell# into the system and was already bring up my file:) Again, my info came up right away. Lo and behold, my cabin cost by calling in is less than the RCL website...

***Note to solos: I was offered both an OV or INT GTY, well known they haven't been offering that to solos, and you cannot book that directly on the website, nor is irt advertised anywhere. Not only that, the prices was less than advertised on the website. The rep didn't know why either, but seemed to be a slightly reduced supplement maybe. A famous "IT glitch"?? I don't know and I don't care!! Booked... $400 less than booking on the web PLUS $200 OBC from the NCC.

Once again confirmed booking and email within 5 minutes with my confirmation. Kevin Silva was the first rep (on my quote), can't remeber the name of the second gentleman, both were funny and great to speak with. Great job RCL and thank you :)

I called in yesterday and the guy I spoke with was so friendly and animated that I asked if he was an actor! My daughter is an actress and I've been around a lot of drama-focused people for years so I was convinced he was only moonlighting as a RCI Vacation Planner lol. He was so engaging yet professional, I almost felt bad not booking a cruise with him. I'm in a service-oriented field and this guy impressed me so much. They must really be revamping after so many complaints because I got transferred to a few people due to my issue/questions and they were all helpful and pleasant.

Sidenote- what is a NCC? I had a serious issue on a ship years ago but I was told that my credit expired after a year. Does that not expire?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums