Nassau in January?

nationsgirl89

We will be traveling to Nassau in January through RCL. We arrive in port at 7 and depart at 2. What is there to do other than beaches and water-parks? Like cultural tours, or activities. And what can I expect as far as crowds in January

Thank you!

Crowds depend a lot on how many ships are in port that day. You can check out the cruise ship schedule on the CruiseTT website: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/455-Nassau/January_2015/

Google Frommer's Walking Tour Nassau and you'll get a really nice walking tour of the downtown areas. It covers the fort, the Queen's Staircase and other historical buildings. We especially enjoyed walking around Graycliff, a historical hotel, and doing their chocolate factory tour.

A couple of people have recommended private taxi tours.

I've been wanting to try the Tru Bahamian food tour but it never seems to work out with our hours or day in port (they don't have tours on Sunday). I'm hoping to try it one day because it looks unique. It might be tight with your schedule unless they have an early tour.