golden princess Alaska

GOODIES

I will be doing my 1st Alaska cruise out of Seattle august 30th

curious who the cruise director is, anyone been on this ship how is the entertainment,I know i am going for the scenery this time out any info would be greatly appreciated

Rick

I will be doing my 1st Alaska cruise out of Seattle august 30th

curious who the cruise director is, anyone been on this ship how is the entertainment,I know i am going for the scenery this time out any info would be greatly appreciated

Rick

My family and I (24 of us) will be on the Golden Aug 2...I will let you know when we get back. Any other questions you have I am sure I will be able to answer then. If I forget ask again after Aug 10th...

Arlene

We were on her last week and I can report that the Golden Princess was in great shape. She is well taken care of and her crew is great. The scenery was magnificent..you won't be disappointed. The Main Dining Rooms were excellent..We didn't care much for the Horizon Court Buffet, but the International Cafe on Deck 5 was wonderful.

Movies Under the Stars was a little cold in the evenings but we actually had a couple of days where the outdoor pool was being used. There is an indoor pool that got lots of use along with the hot tubs everywhere.

There are two great viewing decks..one outside on top of the Bridge (don't remember which deck) and Skywalkers Lounge on Deck 17 (only 2 aft elevators take you there).

Entertainment was unimpressive in most cases, but the lectures were pretty good. Wasn't really a late night crowd because of the ports and scenery.. Everyone wanted to be up and out early.

Hope this helps..

Just off the Golden last week (6/7-6/14 sailing). The ship was in great shape and as a person who usually prefers RC, I really enjoyed the staff, entertainment (the comedian, Sol Play band, Billy the Piano Player, and British Invasion), and Movies under the stars. I believe the Cruise Director's name was John Loney? We had great weather and Alaska is absolutely beautiful. Honestly, you will be so busy (hopefully) enjoying Alaska, that enjoying the ship will just be a pleasant surprise. Have a great time!