A Jewel of an Alaska Cruise...in a GV...with Pics!

Cubechick

Great review!..don't be shy..come back and finish it off! ;)

I love reviews with lots of pictures and yours seems to be the only one I have found since the drydock last year. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Thank you so much for posting all these great pictures! I will be doing the same cruise in June and I'm so excited! It will be our first trip to Alaksa but with pictures like that I doubt it will be our last.:)

Thanks for the boost. It was fun to look at this nearly a year later. Alaska is one of the best cruises ever. Last year's cruise just made me want to return more than ever!

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Thank you for such a wonderful review full of details and great pictures. We are headed on the Alaska cruise on the Jewel in September. None of us have sailed with NCL, nor have we been to Alaska. Your review and pics were so helpful and have pumped up our excitement. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So glad my pics helped get you even more excited! Alaska is beyond amazing. I think next time we will have to do a cruise tour so we can see more of this amazing state!

Hi Cubechick,

I have been away from cruising and cruise critic for a few years. How great that I stumble upon this review. Once again you did an amazing job! What an wonderful adventure. You capture Alaska just as you did when you were on the Pearl. My wife and I are dying to go back to Alaska. I still blame you for this cruise but it exceeded all of our expectations. :D

We have not been on a cruise since August 2012 but will be returning to a ship next year, The Dawn, Boston to Bermuda, August 2016. It will be our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Maybe you can fit it in your travel schedule too.

Thanks again for the great review and hope to bump into you sometime soon.

We sailed the Jewel to Alaska in 2012. We have booked again for 2016. I'm so excited and didnt realize Jewel had a dry dock! Your pictures are beautiful! Thank you :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

So glad my pics helped get you even more excited! Alaska is beyond amazing. I think next time we will have to do a cruise tour so we can see more of this amazing state!

I know this is an old review but which ship did you like better the Pearl or the Jewel? Aside from the GV suite. And which itinerary since you've done both?

Hi Cubechick,

I have been away from cruising and cruise critic for a few years. How great that I stumble upon this review. Once again you did an amazing job! What an wonderful adventure. You capture Alaska just as you did when you were on the Pearl. My wife and I are dying to go back to Alaska. I still blame you for this cruise but it exceeded all of our expectations. :D

We have not been on a cruise since August 2012 but will be returning to a ship next year, The Dawn, Boston to Bermuda, August 2016. It will be our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Maybe you can fit it in your travel schedule too.

Thanks again for the great review and hope to bump into you sometime soon.

Lovely to "see" you Jim! Glad you are going to be cruising again, and goodness knows Boston to Bermuda is always a good one! Currently we have the Dawn repo in October 2016 booked, but I will keep your cruise in mind!

I know this is an old review but which ship did you like better the Pearl or the Jewel? Aside from the GV suite. And which itinerary since you've done both?

The Pearl and the Jewel are nearly identical with the exception that the Jewel doesn't have Bliss, so the aft suites on deck 8 aren't impacted by booming music like they are on the Pearl. So for me the ships are a toss-up.

Both itineraries are great, but if you are only going to do one, I would lean toward the Pearl and the Glacier Bay itinerary. The day spent sailing Glacier Bay remains one of my favorite days on board a ship.

Thanks so much for your review! How exciting to have the meet and greet in your Garden Villa! We look forward to cruising Alaska sometime soon but in the meantime we will be on the repo in October 2016 with you :-). We are also doing the Boston to Bermuda trip b2b right before that.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review. The pictures were beautiful!

• 4 weeks later...
Lovely to "see" you Jim! Glad you are going to be cruising again, and goodness knows Boston to Bermuda is always a good one! Currently we have the Dawn repo in October 2016 booked, but I will keep your cruise in mind!

The repo sounds great as well. My wife's work schedule does not allow us to cruise off peak so we miss out on all the great ones that you do.

Today, I am helping my friends book their Alaska cruise for next year. I thank you in advance since I will be walking them through both of your Alaska cruise reviews.

Take care and hope we will be on a ship together soon.