Sunrise, Sunsets and Sailaways -timing on Oasis Western?

Aside from finding a cruise compass from the exact cruise and week from last year, is there any good/published way to figure out when the sunset is on each day of the cruise? We would like to catch as many as we can scheduling restaurants or shows at other times if possible.

One thing I'm assuming is that the ship (Oasis on western in my case) travels at a constant speed between ports timed to get there a bit before arrival. So using a tool like this can give me the info
[url]http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm[/url]
but finding a tracking tool that could show me a number of logged track points for an entire past cruise would be even better - any suggestions? Most tracking sites I've found are incomplete or cost money for full past cruise data. Then I can take this tool
[url]http://suncalc.net/[/url]
to give me the Sunset times - I assume I can get sunrise times from the next days cruise compass (but nice to know anyway in advance).

For Sailaways, I assume that I can figure about 30 minutes or so to clear the port in most cases (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel) with 60 for Fort Lauderdale?

Any recommendations for other things to plan to see while cruising welcome. Edited by WestfieldTraveler
typos

I always make a spreadsheet of our cruise days, expected hi/lo temps and sunrise/sunset. I use something like: [url]http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/jamaica/kingston[/url] to figure in the ports (got to Falmouth first, then when I went to sunrise/sunset they moved to me Kingston). This worked really well in Alaska last summer.

Some of my best pics are from between sunset and civil twilight end as once the sun is down the sky colors are usually better!

Hope this helps!

[quote name='masonpips']I always make a spreadsheet of our cruise days, expected hi/lo temps and sunrise/sunset. I use something like: [url]http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/jamaica/kingston[/url] to figure in the ports (got to Falmouth first, then when I went to sunrise/sunset they moved to me Kingston). This worked really well in Alaska last summer.

Some of my best pics are from between sunset and civil twilight end as once the sun is down the sky colors are usually better!

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest the same website... good look and happy planning, and OF course - Have a great cruise!! Enjoy!! :D
And don't stress too much about catching the great one... it will come

I found the following times from the website mentioned above. Check the websites for more information.

Labadee, Haiti:
[url]www.timeanddate.com/sun/haiti/labadee?month=8[/url]
August 4
6:26 AM ↑ / 7:24 PM

Kingston, Jamaica: [url]www.timeanddate.com/sun/jamaica/kingston[/url]
August 5
5:31 AM ↑ (66°) 6:41 PM

Cozumel, Mexico: [url]www.timeanddate.com/sun/mexico/cozumel[/url]
August 7
6:07 AM ↑ (65°) 7:27 PM

[quote name='Wildcatfish']
Kingston, Jamaica: [url]www.timeanddate.com/sun/jamaica/kingston[/url]
August 5
5:31 AM ↑ (66°) 6:41 PM

Cozumel, Mexico: [url]www.timeanddate.com/sun/mexico/cozumel[/url]
August 7
6:07 AM ↑ (65°) 7:27 PM[/QUOTE]
Thanks Wildcatfish - but I think we might have to modify the above two times to ship's time, which may make it an hour later "on the ship". But since we'll be both on the same cruise I guess we'll find out!

The real trick IMHO is trying to figure out the sea days sunsets in advance to schedule around them. I think I can extrapolate to get a close enough time for reservations and relaxing viewing the colors.