Just curious....Carribean Princess out of Ft. Laud

PatriotsHeat

I was booked to go on the C.P. out of Ft. Lauderdale on May 31st. However, after seeing many poor reviews about the ship when it was in Texas, and the Norovirus outbreaks, we cancelled and went on NCL Getaway for the first time ever. It was going to the same ports and was the same week.

Our cruise was decent, but I liked our cruise two years ago on the Crown Princess best!

How was the ship? Was it as old as people were saying? Any sickness? The Getaway was nice, new, clean, and fun, but food was really bad, and just seemed way too crowded.

Just curious......next cruise I want to do is Panama Canal, on the Princess line.

If you liked the Crown Princess, chances are you would like the Caribbean Princess as well (except for the putting green).

We sailed this year on the Caribbean Princess out of NY and out of Houston, and both cruises were fantastic. No delays, no norovirus onboard.

The ship was in great condition for both trips. The food was great.

You may have noticed a lot of the griping about Caribbean Princess was actually directed at the port, Houston, with fog delays, and one major incident where a ship and an oil barge collided in the ship channel leading to the Houston Bayport terminal, closing it. These things are really out of Princess' control, although some may argue the problems were with the choice of Houston rather then Galveston (which had many of the same issues this year).

We were on the May 31 cruise and found the ship in great shape. The food was good. Our waitstaff and cabin steward were excellent. Both the comedians were very funny and the shows were good. We had a great time. We also thought disembarkation was one of the easiest we ever had.

You basically just wrote a negative review about the Getaway. Did the ship have any redeeming qualities? Did you have a terrible cruise? Should people avoid it? Many of the movies I have enjoyed the most were movies that received lots of negative reviews from so called "experts". Cruises are just as subjective and no different. Go through the boards, read 2 reviews about the same cruise, and you may find it hard to believe they were on the same ship at the same time. Keep in mind that many of these reviews are written by people who have a huge sense of entitlement and are miserable if one minor thing goes wrong. Cruising, unfortunately, is replete with this type of passenger....if there aren't 3 different type of chocolate deserts to choose from at dinner the cruise was terrible, the cruise line is terrible, and they should receive compensation.

I always read these boards because there is a ton of good information and people willing to help. But I would rather see for myself what people are talking about, and I will be on the CB in August to do just that :)

Good comments neighbor. Good to see someone from PSL on these boards.

Talking about bad experiences, we sailed in the Emerald last Nov and were assigned to a cabin with practically no Maybe they could assign the cabin only to someone who doesn't require AC in the Caribbean. ;)

That would be my mother. I'm not talking about her personality I'm talking about the time she wore a sweater on all excursions in the Caribbean.