Best breweries in Seattle

cardamon

Yup. Also hard liquor now, as of a couple of years ago. Of course, some supermarkets have a lot better beer and wine selection than others.

Looking forward to trying the great dry reds of Washington also!! I know we will stock up before heading to Ranier and Olympia. Can't take any good beer on the ship- hope they offer a few Alaskan ow Washington microbrews.

Ooooh, good catch!! That's a big event--lots and lots and lots of exotic beers! It's at Seattle Center, so if you don't want to hang with the guys and drink beer all day, you can always do other stuff nearby--the Space Needle, the Chihuly Garden and Glass, the Experience Music Project, etc. And besides all the food vendors there for this event, there's a really good food court with some great local favorites in the Armory building.

cardamon, can you convince your husband and his friend that you planned this whole trip, cruise and all, around this very event, just to make them happy? That should get you brownie points to last the rest of the year!!

I told my husband about the brew fest at the Seattle Center. Has anyone ever attended? He has been to the Great American Beer Fest and the American Homebrewers Conference. I can only hope he believes me, that I planned our trip around it! He already has his list of brew pubs to visit. Thank you to everyone for all the Expert advise. Now if we can only have time for a few sights.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup. Also hard liquor now, as of a couple of years ago. Of course, some supermarkets have a lot better beer and wine selection than others.

We will stop at a supermarket after we pick up the rental car and buy 2 styro cooler- one for beer and one for food. It would be difficult to bring food back from the market o I guess we will have to eat there. Thanks or all the great info!! Less than 3 weeks now . My husband can't wait for all the breweries.