Prinsendam OV cabins

cjb0717

I'm looking into the Amazon Explorer cruise on the Prinsendam for Nov. 2015 (on our bucket list to see the Amazon). Looking at the OV cabins on deck 7 - Lower Promenade there appears to be a walkway all around. How does this effect the view from these cabins? Some show a partial sea view while others do not? Any input on OV cabins anywhere on Prinsendam is appreciated. This will be our longest and most expensive cruise yet so I'm in heavy duty research mode.

Thanks,

Connie

I was very happy with D377 and D381, and pictures of both are on halfacts.com. My recollection is that the Prinsendam's Lower Promenade Deck is quite open and you will not have steel walls obstructing your view as you would have on the R or S class ships. The biggest obstruction that might be in your view would be a couple of life raft cases. I think the ship is pretty well sound proofed but you should also consider that the LPDeck cabins are directly under the show lounge.

Roy

We were in one of these cabins last year and we loved it. Nice big window and such easy access to the deck. There was a life raft case and crane outside but we looked around it. You will hear some noise in the mornings on the days when the decks are hosed down....this did not worry us.

On the lower decks the windows have a divide down the middle and a perspex inner layer that means that you cannot use the windowsill. Our cabin did not have this.

People walking by cannot see into your cabin (we checked this on the first day). Even at night it is difficult to see in because of the outside lights making the windows reflective. I was sitting beside the window one afternoon when an officer strolling by, stopped and used our window as a mirror while combing his hair!! He was about 10cms away from me!!!!

Edited by colbe

We were in one of these cabins last year and we loved it. Nice big window and such easy access to the deck. There was a life raft case and crane outside but we looked around it. You will hear some noise in the mornings on the days when the decks are hosed down....this did not worry us.

On the lower decks the windows have a divide down the middle and a perspex inner layer that means that you cannot use the windowsill. Our cabin did not have this.

People walking by cannot see into your cabin (we checked this on the first day). Even at night it is difficult to see in because of the outside lights making the windows reflective. I was sitting beside the window one afternoon when an officer strolling by, stopped and used our window as a mirror while combing his hair!! He was about 10cms away from me!!!!

Our window in E329 (Deck 6) did not have a divide down the middle and our cabin did not have the inner layer you mention. It was really deep and a great storage area.

The plexiglass doubled windows are only in some of the staterooms at the aft end of the ship. I know that they were on the Dolphin & the Main from the aft elevator to the rear of the ship. Was told that the plexiglass was there as sound proofing.

On Dolphin, we did NOT have the plexiglass in 443, but had it in 663. I smashed my nose against it more times than I can remember.

Personally, I couldn't have a cabin on the promenade deck. Even if people could not see in, there is still a lot of activity out there much of the time. I would feel like I would have to keep the curtain closed---everytime someone would walk by, I'd probably have to look out!