Restrictions on future credit?

Lilleshammer

I received a credit from carnival toward a future cruise and I'm wondering if anyone knows what restrictions may apply. Here is how it is worded:

"Given the circumstances, we'd like to extend to you a $XXXX.00USD discount towards a future Carnival cruise.

While there are a few restrictions like, holiday departures, cruises to Alaska, Australia, Europe, Hawaii and chartered sailings, etc., the offer is combinable with most fares. Additionally, our offer is limited to one per booking, is non-transferable, and applied to the cruise fare only, after you've paid the deposit."

I understand about destination and date restrictions but would the "non transferable" part mean that the same people would have to go on the rebooked cruise? For example, I would like to send my mother and her sister on a cruise, but they were not part of the original booking that resulted in the credit.

I tried asking the person who sent me the email, but got a generic "thank you for contacting..." auto reply.

To me that means no other people than those originally booked are eligible to use the credit. Non transferable means you can't give/transfer the credit to someone else.

I would though, suggest you call again on Monday to ask Carnival for their interpretation. Good luck1

If the credit is tied to a previous booking, you will have two years from that booking to apply it to another cruise. You will be required to supply the booking number under which the credit was issued. So they will know who's credit is being applied--therefore not transferrable to another person.

So it has to be the same 3 people that were originally booked? Yes, it is good for 2 years.

...probably not. We had a credit from a change made on a previous cruise. When we booked another cruise and referred to the credit, he asked for the booking number. Of course, we were the ones who booked both cruises even tho the credit arose from a change in one of our other cabins. So, we think they just want to make sure it is you who is booking again and using your credit.