Vantage Splendor Dining Attire

Rorygirl4528

Has anyone taken a river cruise on the Splendor and can give me some advice? We are taking the Splendor on a river cruise from Amsterdam next April. I read somewhere that a sport jacket was recommended for men in order to eat in the dining room. Is this necessary? My husband never wears one at home except to a wedding or a funeral and I really don't want to pack one. Would a nice shirt and khakis be OK? We try to pack only what is needed and a sport coat is not high on the list.(or even on the list!) Thanks for any info you can give me.

You do not need a jacket to dine on any Vantage owned ship. Nice slacks and a collard shirt will be fine, some will have sport coats on Captains and Farewell dinners but that about it. I have taken a sport coat on trips that include a holiday such as Christmas or New Years.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

We are travelling on Vantage river cruise through Netherlands on April 24, 2015. Any information about the cruise others have would be greatly appreciated! This is our first river cruise after a few ocean cruises.

Hello "Scar" - We have done 6 trips with Vantage. I take a sport coat and tie for both the Captain's dinner and also for the Farewell dinner. Looking around the dining room there were about 50 to 60 percent of the men doing the same. Regular dinners I wore a sport shirt and slacks. Your choice as to dress. I always like to dress up a bit on those two special nights. Willard