Cruising Pride out of Bmore

drb3864

Cruising on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore on Sunday 6/29. Any recommendations on excursions for Grand Turk and Freeport? Also any other comments regarding this cruise. Thanks

You'll have a lot of fun on that cruise. As for Grand Turk, walk off the ship and go to Margaritaville. The beach is nice, there's food and drink handy, a beautiful pool, shops, and clean restrooms. I don't know about Freeport. We missed it on our last cruise on Pride. We were thinking about the beer tasting as it had good reviews.

We did that cruise two years ago and had a wonderful time. We spent most of the day at the pool at Margaritaville (the SIL and I), the guys (DH, DS and his BFF) did a diving excursion. We all did a little shopping as they have some fun stores there. It was such a nice relaxing day. In Freeport we just went into town and did some shopping at the marketplace. It was a fun, kick-back cruise for us.

We were in Baltimore this weekend and before we drove home this morning we swung by the cruise terminal to see the Pride in port. We will be setting sail on the same cruise in September and cannot wait! We've never been to Grand Turk before but we have been to Freeport. It's pretty industrial from what I remember and we didn't have an excursion planned, so we didn't do much. I think there is a small mall or some shops right at the dock in Freeport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I won't see Grand Turk until October, but for Freeport, we have done some shopping but then just ate burgers and all at the frog place.

There is some place right there in front of the ship that has shots for a dollar, but we did not get to try it.

Freeport is just a place to relax, which is why I like it. I believe my friend's parents one year did the speed boat thing and they had a lot of fun.

We're headed to Jack's Shack this time around. A few years ago, we spent most of the day at margaritaville...fun, but pricey drinks. Probably will visit the conch graveyard before the day is out.

Freeport, we booked on our own with Paradise Cove...planning to do some snorkeling at deadman's Reef.

Just think, we'll be cruising at this time next Sunday! Woohoo!

We're headed to Jack's Shack this time around. A few years ago, we spent most of the day at margaritaville...fun, but pricey drinks. Probably will visit the conch graveyard before the day is out.

Freeport, we booked on our own with Paradise Cove...planning to do some snorkeling at deadman's Reef.

Just think, we'll be cruising at this time next Sunday! Woohoo!

Have done the snorkel trip at Dead Mans Reef it is a nice place. You will enjoy it.

We will be on the same cruise out of Baltimore next Sunday! :D

In Grand Turk, we booked the "Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure" for first thing in the morning. After that...I just want to enjoy the shops and Margaritaville and perhaps visit Jack's Shack for the remaining 3 hours in port. Wish we were in Grand Turk just a little bit longer. At HMC...we are doing another snorkeling excursion and the Stingray Adventure. In Freeport, we are doing the ATV excursion. Thought about the Brewery excursion...but the ATV one is pretty much the whole time we are in port.

We hope to have a really great time!

By the way...have you visited the "Roll Call" for our cruise date? :)

Grand Turk we hit the beach. The area is famous for sea urchins (my nephew step on one), so wearing water shoes is advised. Margaritaville is always a hit no matter what port. In Freeport we went to Port Lucaya Marketplace. Did some shopping for souvenirs, grabbed a bite to eat, and went back to the ship. Nothing really special at the Marketplace. Next time we go there we'll probably make it a beach day or excursion to Paradise Cove or a day pass with lunch at Grand Lucayan Resort which was recommended by some friends.

Cruising on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore on Sunday 6/29. Any recommendations on excursions for Grand Turk and Freeport? Also any other comments regarding this cruise. Thanks

Depends on what you like to do. Wife and I never cared for Freeport but last year we did the bottom fishing and now love Freeport just because of this excursion, though we won't do it this year because we don't think our grandkids, who we are taking on their 1st cruise, can handle holding the bay rods and there's a $150 charge if you lose one overboard.

Loved this excursion and the captain and his 1st mate

If you are open to a non-Carnival excursion in Freeport, google Pat & Diane snorkeling. We did this and it was fantastic, doing it again this year. They have a boat with snorkel gear, big slide, rock climbing wall, they are terrific guides, very professional and friendly and, if you have kids, GREAT with the kids.