Safes on Caribbean Princess

Meatman1

Is there a charge to use the safe in the room?

Can we put anything in a safe with the Pursers office?

No charge. You select the four-digit code to lock the door each time you close it so it's pretty secure.

Yes, you can ask to have valuables put in the safe at the Purser's Desk although I just use the safe in the cabin. A suggestion is to bring ZipLoc bags to put things into the safe. This makes it a lot easier to separate two people's stuff. I use one to put my jewelry case in and another for my money. There's a lip at the edge of the safe and it's not unusual for loose items to be accidentally left behind under the lip.

Edited by Pam in CA

Be aware that the safes in the cabins are small - enough room for passports, wallets and some jewelry, but that's about it.

I was about to ask if anyone has the inside dimensions of the safes, as I thought I'd read comments in a discussion thread on onboard thefts regarding placing iPads and cameras inside the safes.

I was about to ask if anyone has the inside dimensions of the safes, as I thought I'd read comments in a discussion thread on onboard thefts regarding placing iPads and cameras inside the safes.

I'm guessing, but about 12"w x 8h x 8d

Edited by bigchid

I'm guessing, but about 12"w x 8h x 8d

Not having safes in cabins back in the good ole days was one thing not so good about them.
Safes are different sizes on different ships. I've never put my iPad, iPhone or cameras in the safe and never felt the need to. There was a thread a few months ago about someone who thought their steward went into the safe and took their electronics but to be honest, that's almost impossible. YOU decide the combination and re-enter or change it every time you close the door. The cabin steward does not have a master key or any way to open the safe. The only people who can open the safe are Security and they require you to be present when they do. So you control how and when it's locked.

Things are stolen out of cabins very, very, very rarely. The vast majority of the time, it's found that the person left it somewhere and didn't remember.

The "good old days" must be a long time ago since I've had a safe in every cabin on every ship I've been on since the early 90's. :)

While the safe is small I have been able to put my old mini-notebook computer in it, see photos. I have attached three photos of the safe on one of our cruise on the CB. The first picture has a 12 inch ruler in front of the safe to help show the size of the safe. The second picture shows the mini-notebook in the back of the safe. The third shows various things including a camcorder.

978752957_CBSafe.jpg.d70c1a2559a06f8839b38de9008adcd2.jpg

1909557248_CBCabinSafewithHP2133MininotePCInside.jpg.e24e3137f7349aec2de243134d29e569.jpg

1780852124_CBSafeContents.jpg.06be947b3e8e46c7e8abfe9837cb36a6.jpg

While the safe is small I have been able to put my old mini-notebook computer in it, see photos. I have attached three photos of the safe on one of our cruise on the CB. The first picture has a 12 inch ruler in front of the safe to help show the size of the safe. The second picture shows the mini-notebook in the back of the safe. The third shows various things including a camcorder.

Wow, I think we might be related, WWCJR! My hubby gives me a hard time for detailed documentation like that--but I'll bet your foresight has paid off for you many times. And this time it benefited others, too! Thanks for sharing. :D

The "good old days" must be a long time ago since I've had a safe in every cabin on every ship I've been on since the early 90's. :)

My first cruise was 1991 on the Dolphin cruise line if anyone remembers those ships.All were built in the 1950's & I always had to go to the Purser to get my money, ID etc since safes were not available on those old ships. I had to keep track of the key that was needed to open my box at the Purser.

My first cruise was 1991 on the Dolphin cruise line if anyone remembers those ships.All were built in the 1950's & I always had to go to the Purser to get my money, ID etc since safes were not available on those old ships. I had to keep track of the key that was needed to open my box at the Purser.

Me too. My first cruise was on Dolphin Cruise line. RSVP cruise.

And going to the Purser many times during the week.