Magen's Bay - Return Taxi

GoldenDomer

Looking to the experienced collective intelligence for some advice. On a upcoming stop to St. Thomas, we plan to grab a taxi from the Havensight dock to spend a beach day at Magen's Bay. According to external sources, we will be the only ship in dock that particular day (Sun Aug 3). Should I prearrange pick-up with the original taxi driver? Or are there usually plenty of taxis available at Magen's if I wanted to return to the ship at ~3PM? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the approx. cost for a taxi to Magens Bay from Havensight? Also I know there is an entrance fee. I think its about $4 pp do they have chair and umbrella rental? Approx. cost. Much appreciated.

We were there in March and paid 8.00 per person for the taxi. The fee is a one way charge, so you will need to pay the same on return. We got there early and were able to get a table in the shade for lunch and resting. It gets crowded fast.

• 2 weeks later...
August is much slower than March. Chairs are approximately $7. Google Magens Bay Boutique and see if prices are posted online.

So I'm seeing the cab fare from the pier to Magen's Bay is around $8/PP, but how long does it take? How much is it to rent chairs and umbrellas? I did look up the Boutique online but am not seeing those rates listed. Thanks!

The drive might take about 20 minutes, but you may have to wait for the taxi to fill up before it departs the dock.

I took photos of the rental rates about 2 years ago and I don't think prices have changed since then. The photo is in this slideshow.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1654998

No need for umbrellas. Lots of shade. Locals may have parties with loud music on Sundays.