Newbies on the Getaway!

Ctodd3134

Hello All,

We are new to cruising and are going on the Getaway on August 30th and looking for advice on which cabin to choose? Looking at a BA price range. Mid ship? Which deck? Paying with miles so TA isn't too helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were a BA on deck 12 recently. However, it being such a big ship, any of the mid level decks should be similar. It us usually best to pick a deck that has cabins above and below you. With a pool deck above or a theater or evening entertainment bar below you, it's possible to get some noise. Here is a link to way too many pictures of the Getaway. I did not edit or delete similar ones.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway1/DSCN5596_zps8f68ea0b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

We were a BA on deck 12 recently. However, it being such a big ship, any of the mid level decks should be similar. It us usually best to pick a deck that has cabins above and below you. With a pool deck above or a theater or evening entertainment bar below you, it's possible to get some noise. Here is a link to way too many pictures of the Getaway. I did not edit or delete similar ones.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway1/DSCN5596_zps8f68ea0b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

GREAT pictures! Thank You for the link!!!

I always book that category but recently on our Princess cruise I booked the top floor foward and it was friggin awesome! Got lots of exercise to go everywhere but the food court and pool etc were all so handy for us.

I think it was actually the same category and the price was the same but it's forward so people think it's rocky. It's not though.

At this stage it might be full already as it's a popular spot.

Hello All,

We are new to cruising and are going on the Getaway on August 30th and looking for advice on which cabin to choose? Looking at a BA price range. Mid ship? Which deck? Paying with miles so TA isn't too helpful!

In my opinion, the large balcony (B6) is the best deal. It was only about $140 more, and we'll actually be able to fit some loungers out there and "lay out" and enjoy the view. Regular balconies are barely big enough to step outside and turn around on.

I always book that category but recently on our Princess cruise I booked the top floor foward and it was friggin awesome! Got lots of exercise to go everywhere but the food court and pool etc were all so handy for us.

I think it was actually the same category and the price was the same but it's forward so people think it's rocky. It's not though.

At this stage it might be full already as it's a popular spot.

On the Sun, the mini suites are on the pool deck forward....and they are great.

Hello All,

Hello we are booked on this one also we booked an inside in deck 13