Victory Pics cost us more $

SeaSick

We were considering rebooking a newer ship do to the age of the Victory. Also I was curious as to the decor after being on the Conquest, one ugly ship IMO. So off to the search button we go. User awsmrn & others had quite a few pics & we looked at all of them, and the ship looked OK (she thinks they all look ok). Bob & Ang took several shots of the balcony. We've always (4 cruises) had ocean-view rooms & now we HAVE to have a balcony. Called our PVP and rebooked 2 cat-5 rooms to 1 balcony & 1 cat4 across the hall. Daughter & son-in-law did'nt mind, its our 25th aniversity, besides, dads footin the biil. Total increase was less than $150. FYI, the PVP reduced the cat-4C from the listed 699+taxes to 542 with tax, and we had already used the $400 retired military discount on our room. Thanks to all who post their vaction pics for others to enjoy.

Brian

I must be having a blonde moment because this post makes NO SENSE to me:rolleyes:

He is basically saying because he saw pics of Victory balconies, he felt compelled to book a balcony for the first time, which cost him more money. Sounds like he wanted to just thank people for posting pics to help him make that decision. I didnt see anything negative in his post about Victory.

He is basically saying because he saw pics of Victory balconies, he felt compelled to book a balcony for the first time, which cost him more money. Sounds like he wanted to just thank people for posting pics to help him make that decision. I didnt see anything negative in his post about Victory.

Great thanks for reading thru the lines for me.. because I got my SO to read as well before I posted and it really didn't make sense but if you are reading into like that I take your word. :) Thanks again

Sounds like he was booking the Victory and changed his mind because of the photos he has seen made the ship look old.

I dont book my ship because of the decor-- if I did that I woulda missed out on some really lovely cruises. (check out the dining room on the Miracle. or the garish purple stuff on the Sensation.)

I also put 5 to a inside cabin so we can cruise cheaper. TAking a cruise is whats important to me.. price is what dictates to me..

I have sailed on the Regal Empress which was commissioned in 1952- NOW that was an old ship--lol but the price was great.

Sounds like he was booking the Victory and changed his mind because of the photos he has seen made the ship look old.

That is kinda what I read into it but the other poster didn't so after both myself and the SO viewing it I said we must be looney!!:D

No, he was thinking about rebooking on another ship until he actually saw pics of Victory. It sounds like the decor is an important factor for him, which it is for some people. Evidetly he didnt have a chance to see Conquest before he booked on that ship, so he was thanking people on this board for sharing their pics, that helped him book a balcony on Victory.

No, he was thinking about rebooking on another ship until he actually saw pics of Victory. It sounds like the decor is an important factor for him, which it is for some people. Evidetly he didnt have a chance to see Conquest before he booked on that ship, so he was thanking people on this board for sharing their pics, that helped him book a balcony on Victory.

Well decor doesn't make a vacation IMHO.. I have my 1st booked on the Victory and my 2nd on the Conquest.. I am going for the sure enjoyment of being anywhere but HOME at that particular time.. I see ugly colours all the time.. but you just get used to them.. to each their own.. but enjoy the ship not the colours ...:rolleyes: I find it so dishearting that people would actual consider the colours of somewhere to make their vacation.. hmmmm no comment I will get booted it I say how I really feel about those people:mad:

Well decor doesn't make a vacation IMHO.. I have my 1st booked on the Victory and my 2nd on the Conquest.. I am going for the sure enjoyment of being anywhere but HOME at that particular time.. I see ugly colours all the time.. but you just get used to them.. to each their own.. but enjoy the ship not the colours ...:rolleyes: I find it so dishearting that people would actual consider the colours of somewhere to make their vacation.. hmmmm no comment I will get booted it I say how I really feel about those people:mad:

Thats the wonderful thing about life and cruising, we all value different things. If anyone is going to spend their money, I feel they should do all they can to research before money is spent, rather than complain because they didnt realize what they were embarking upon. That what makes this site great. Each cruises can ask the questions that are important to them. Personally I dont care about the decor or the food, I could eat salad and fruit all week. On land I love nice restaurants, but I dont expect the food on a floating hotel to be able to match that experience. I see many people that write reviews and 70% of the review is about what they ate and when then ate it. Different strokes for different folks. No one is right or wrong.

I have sailed the older ships and had a great time, but recently decided that from now on Im just sailing ships 1-2 years old, unless one of the older ones has an itinerary I just cant pass up.

Matigari:

That's how I read it too. Initially, based on the title, I thought the post was going to be about spending more money on pictures while on board; something I can identify with given that we spent over $700.00 on pictures while on the Victory! :eek:

I also identify with the Victory causing more money to be spent; We booked the Liberty for April 06 and booked the same balcony cabin and the balcony cabin beside it for our sons as we had on Victory. We only booked two because Liberty won't allow five to a cabin.

The Victory is an excellent ship and the decor is beautiful. I expected too much green, based on pictures and reviews I read prior to our cruise, but it was perfect.

We cruised Victory this past May. I thought it was a great ship. Everything was well kept. Not even the fabic on the chairs in all the lounges looked worn. I also loved the Conquest (sailed it her first year). I think all the art paintings in the Atrium were beautiful and bold.

The only ship that I have not liked the decor on was the Jubilee (now retired to another line). She had a lot of black and red velvet (reminded me of Elvis), and I thought she was in need of a good facelift. I enjoyed her though. She was my first cruise and the one that made me want more. . . . # 6 is booked!

Maybe Seasick will let us know for sure what he actually chose....

This is correct. I was was being facetious in the title, sorry for the confusion.

Every cruise is great!

To avoid any more confusion, we were aleady booked on the Victory before switching to a balcony room. BTW, I liked all the green in the pics.

And if I really said what I thought of you, I would be banned! Its their vacation and really none of your business what their preference is or isn't. Geezzzzzzzzz!!!

This is correct. I was was being facetious in the title, sorry for the confusion.

Every cruise is great!

To avoid any more confusion, we were aleady booked on the Victory before switching to a balcony room. BTW, I liked all the green in the pics.

No need to apologize for anthing. :) Have a wonderful 25th anniversary cruise. :)

And if I really said what I thought of you, I would be banned! Its their vacation and really none of your business what their preference is or isn't. Geezzzzzzzzz!!!

My original post said THOSE and was not specific to the OP.. so please inquire or re-read the posts as I did for this thread to get the facts straight before telling me to mind my own business.. THANKYOUVERYMUCH:rolleyes:

Every cruise is great!

Thanks for the clarification sorry as I said I was having a blonde moment and just didn't get it:D Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

My original post said THOSE and was not specific to the OP.. so please inquire or re-read the posts as I did for this thread to get the facts straight before telling me to mind my own business.. THANKYOUVERYMUCH:rolleyes:

My retort stands....as does any individuals right to form a decision as to what they might like for a cruise or not. Simply stated....you are in the wrong, and you know it! And if you choose to throw the word "those" around, please understand the correct meaning! It most certainly does encompass the OP.

My retort stands....as does any individuals right to form a decision as to what they might like for a cruise or not. Simply stated....you are in the wrong, and you know it! And if you choose to throw the word "those" around, please understand the correct meaning! It most certainly does encompass the OP.

I certainly understand what the meaning of THOSE is.. and you obviously do not seem to not understand what "QUOTE" means.. you changed my original post to YOU.. so if you feel the need to quote what I respond atleast leave the original text and do not change it ..:( Please tell me again that I am in the wrong for stating My Opinion (yes it is MY opinion) on how I feel about what others think about colours....:rolleyes:

Archived